Memory Card Size

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Curious what memory card size people are using in their Incredible.

Verizon included a 2GB, but not sure how far that will go.

ghutch0309

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
well i have an 8gb card and i havent filled that up anywhere near...but it depends how much music, vids, pics etc you will put on or take or download with your phone...it supports up to 32 so there is plenty of room there...8gb or 16gb should be good for the majority

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using the 2gb card that came w/ the phone. No where near full, but the only music I have on there is the music I use for ringtones. I use the camera but not excessively.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
16g That came with my Moto Droid.......Only cause it came free with that phone. You have 8 internal and the 2 g card you should be good if you don't want to buy one.

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a 4g sd card in my DInc. I have over 200 pictures on it so far, but no music, and I have used 800mb of the card so far. :cool:

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As others said, it all depends on the media/apps you plan on having.

The phone has 8gb internal memory (about 6.5 available upon shipment). The 2gb card is alright to start off with (some apps require a memory card, thus why its supplied), but won't go very far. As of now, the phone can take a 16gb card, but will be able to supposedly take a 32gb card with Froyo. And with Froyo, you'll be able to save apps to the memory card. AND we might have 720p video with Froyo as well, which will also take up more time.

But, if you don't plan on having a ton of music, pics, or videos on the phone at one time, you should be perfectly fine with a 4gb or 8gb card.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will stay with the 2gb card for a little while ,I havent got it full yet .I probably will wait til see what all the update offers (about saving apps to card,etc.) before I get a new one.

However if I got one tomorrow tho it would be an 8gb ;)

MForce76

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I will stay with the 2gb card for a little while ,I havent got it full yet .I probably will wait til see what all the update offers (about saving apps to card,etc.) before I get a new one.

Ditto...have a 8gb card warming up in the bullpen for future storage ...:cool:

ScootMagroot

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
As others said, it all depends on the media/apps you plan on having.

The phone has 8gb internal memory (about 6.5 available upon shipment). The 2gb card is alright to start off with (some apps require a memory card, thus why its supplied), but won't go very far. As of now, the phone can take a 16gb card, but will be able to supposedly take a 32gb card with Froyo. And with Froyo, you'll be able to save apps to the memory card. AND we might have 720p video with Froyo as well, which will also take up more time.

But, if you don't plan on having a ton of music, pics, or videos on the phone at one time, you should be perfectly fine with a 4gb or 8gb card.

Dont know what he's talking about...

I have a 32gb in mine right now because I plan on having a lot of music on it very soon. still getting used to the phone, so Im waiting to fill it with music, but that is the only reason I wanted to go with the 32gb

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Using 16gb card here and nearly full...lots of songs n movies loaded on it. Used same card in my Storm. Will get 32gb card once price comes down.

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got a 16gGB shortly after ordering the phone. Now that I have the phone and see how much free space I still have I can see that it may have been a bit of over kill... but then I don't regret it because who knows what my future storage needs will be. Me thinks 8GB would probably have been enough.