What is this Notification Icon? and is it killing my battery ?

James_Irwin

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I have searched the forums and can not find this icon - please help if you can.

Updated a few items on Sat. (Google Maps, Radio Scanner) and sense then had a new Icon in the notification bar.

Looks like a Radar Dish pointed to the upper right - with Green "waves" radiating out from it.

Drag down on Notification Bar - nothing new shows up, no clue what this is for.

Unplug phone from charger, and it instantly drops by 2% and seems to drop quickly after that.

Went to Settings/Services and starting shutting everything off one at a time to see if it would "shut off". Nope - still running.

Power Cycle'd = Still there.

Turned off and on all location settings - nothing seemed to change it.

Then weird thing happened about two minutes ago, went to update Weather via "Weather Channel", had left off GPS so it did not find "My Location", turned on GPS, refreshed "My Location", weather updated, and hey - just noticed that Icon of the Radar Dish with Green Waves is gone.

What ?!?!

Does anyone know what that was - so when it comes back I can kill it.

Thanks

chaint

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, it sounds just like the GPS-on, icon. Not sure why it would have disapeared after you turned the GPS-on, though.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Leave GPS off and it will not pop up... That only pops up when the phone is trying to locate you. If it shows up with the green lines all the time then something is keeping a CONSTANT GPS signal for continuous location...

Beautiful Widgets Live Weather Wallpaper did that to me and it drained the hell out of the battery...

skoren9

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to set missed calls and voice notifications per contact? I would like to no notifications on some people that call my phone. Thanks.