Incredible vs Droid X - reception

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
So, I got the HTC Incredible, when it came out. I love the phone. It is the perfect size, and very fast, but in my house, my reception was horrible. My phone wouldn't even ring. For that matter, it took 9 rings, for someone to be kicked to my voicemail. I was told that this was because the Verizon network couldn't "locate" my phone. Verizon was kind enough to send me a second Incredible, hoping that it was just the phone. It wasn't. The second had equally poor reception. So....they then sent me the Droid X. The reception is MUCH better (which leads to better battery life). Problem is....I liked the Incredible better. It "seemed" faster. It never locked up. I loved the screen, and the Sense UI. And I liked the size of the Incredible better than the Droid X.

So....my question....will Froyo improve the reception on the Incredible? I haven't sent the Incredible back yet. I desperately want to keep it, but if I have to sacrifice reception....the Incredible is gone.

Thanks....

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if the update will I welcome any improvements offered :) , but my incredible gets the same dBm signal as my DX . I dont know why yours didn't. I have to admit my incredible at first didn't get as good a signal at first as it does now but I was on the wrong PRL . Both my DX and Incredible get an avg of -82dBm. Same as my blackberry did , although my DX shows more bars then the incredible its the actual same strenght .

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I live in rural Iowa, where no carrier has really good service. I had a Blackberry, and if I stood in the right place, in my house, I could get and place calls. With the Droid X, have a little better service than the Blackberry. With the Incredible, I never even got a chance to drop a call....it wouldn't even ring.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I get good signal strength every time I check but occasionally do have people telling me they called me and on my end the phone never rung. I just started using 2.2 recently so I'm not sure but I do hope it fixes this problem.

ChuckMRN

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
This is my experience as well. Both wife and I got the Dinc's. She went to the X after 1 month due to multiple calls not recieved. The one where the daughter in law was calling from the ER at 2AM (that was lost) put the wife over the edge. Her voice sounds better when she calls me, and her reception is much better. I had the chance for the free upgrade and decided against it. Will stick it out with the Dinc for now.

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I get better reception now that I installed the leak froyo with the new radio upgrade. So I would say that froyo will make it better. I get about 15 dbm better.

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Did they send you a new X in the box or a refurb? I've had issues with multiple incredibles so today they said they are going to send me an X instead but didn't know if it would be a new in box or refurb.

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
The one that they sent me was brand new. But I was still inside the 30 day warranty...

I will be interested in knowing if more people notice an improvement in the Incredible's phone reception with the FROYO update.

Last edited: