Droid X user here...

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I love my Droid X. Does everything just like I need. I do like to learn about all phones, however. I think the Dinc is one heck of a nice phone, without even having played with one. Every phone has pitfalls though, and I was curious what have users found that gripes them about the Dinc? Just browsing it seems like it has less battery life than the Droid X, even given the screen differences.

jstkdn

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I got the Incredible on it's launch day. Then I sold it and got the X. I had the X for 3 days short of a month (got rid of it on Friday) and went back to the Incredible. I honestly don't have any gripes at all about the Incredible, and the X, while a great phone, seriously lacks in the volume category, and it was actually just a little too big for me.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I like the option of having Sense and using other launchers. When I had the MOTO Droid I would run a Rom pulled from the desire which had a few major bugs but did because I like the look and feel of Sense. I also like the size of the Dinc its perfect for me. My only complaint is the battery but I have had that complaint with every other smart phone I've had, you could always use more battery right. I would be happy with any of the new Android phones.

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
The only issue I have with the DInc is that it feels a bit cheap. I wish it had some more girth. IMO, that's the only area where the X wins out. Software wise, I have zero issues. With root I can hop between Vanilla and Sense in a matter of minutes.

jstkdn

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Got ya. What do you like about the Dinc? Sense? That would be why I would get it.

Actually, I can't stand Sense. I use Launcher Pro. However, given the choice between Sense and NinjaBlur, or whatever aboration that Moto interface is, I'd take Sense 7 days a week.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I have with the DInc is that it feels a bit cheap. I wish it had some more girth. IMO, that's the only area where the X wins out. Software wise, I have zero issues. With root I can hop between Vanilla and Sense in a matter of minutes.

That is pretty nice. I love Vanilla.
Actually I used LauncherPro, loved it too. But I am giving the MotoBlur another shot right now, my only gripe is it is just a hair slow.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The only complaint I ever had was the battery life. But since getting Froyo and a 1750 battery that stretches me out to about 20 hours. So I don't have any complaints now....well I guess if I have to find one I would say Android native pdf support would be good.