No 2.2 Upgrade from Verizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipt911

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon and spoke to one of their senior support techs. She told me that it is unlikely that Verizon will make the 2.2 software upgrade available for the Droid Incredible. If you want it, you should e-mail and call Verizon and let them know!!:mad:

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Highly unlikely since the DInc made the list of HTC devices to receive 2.2 by Christmas. It seems like those techs know less about the status of releases then the general public does.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
She probably can't keep the Incredible and the Eris straight. And she wouldn't be the first VZW tech suffering that particular ailment.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? This is a flagship device, HTC has already confirmed, there is absolutely no reason Verizon will not release 2.2. I am sure there are some BS reasons why it has not launched already, but a post like this creates unnecessary drama.

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I think everyone should bombard them with requests. They have an official twitter page (@VZWsupport). I asked the 2.2 question to them the other day and they said, "there is no info on an update at this time".

Let's get everyone bugging them until their twitter feed blows up!

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I think everyone should bombard them with requests. They have an official twitter page (@VZWsupport). I asked the 2.2 question to them the other day and they said, "there is no info on an update at this time".

Let's get everyone bugging them until their twitter feed blows up!

I don't believe the OP for a nanosecond, but this still seems like a good idea. :cool:

romma

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My Turn: I also called Verizon Customer Service, and explained that there were a whole bunch of people wanting aswers about 2.2 for the Incredible. I also explained that I wanted to be clear we were talking about the Inc, and no other Droid so that way we could avoid confusion and mis-information.
He stated that there is nothing in his system that he has access to that indicates any update for the Dinc. I asked if there was anyone above him I could speak with that could go further, and he said he would be happy to transfer me, but they would be looking at the same information on their computers as well.

I then asked him to go to his superiors and let them know that I and others were upset that there was absolutely no word about an update, and to let the powers that be know that some official word or statement would be nice for their customers.

That's as far as I got.

sgtmilstack

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
the latest build passed testing yesterday.

Good thing to hear. For what device tho?

i think different "teams" have different test schedules, because the people i asked are still testing through this week, so we still have a few more days before a release date will even be discussed at this point.

Here's a question to you, based from what I can best recall from my crackberry days. Forgive me if I am in error:

Are your contacts under the "in real life" segment of the evaluation panel?

If so, then I guess that the build passed t.a., q.a. and now on its final testing phase.

My Turn: I also called Verizon Customer Service, and explained that there were a whole bunch of people wanting aswers about 2.2 for the Incredible. I also explained that I wanted to be clear we were talking about the Inc, and no other Droid so that way we could avoid confusion and mis-information.
He stated that there is nothing in his system that he has access to that indicates any update for the Dinc. I asked if there was anyone above him I could speak with that could go further, and he said he would be happy to transfer me, but they would be looking at the same information on their computers as well.

I then asked him to go to his superiors and let them know that I and others were upset that there was absolutely no word about an update, and to let the powers that be know that some official word or statement would be nice for their customers.

That's as far as I got.

Good job. I suspect some people do know but they're not in the same work center.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon and spoke to one of their senior support techs. She told me that it is unlikely that Verizon will make the 2.2 software upgrade available for the Droid Incredible. If you want it, you should e-mail and call Verizon and let them know!!:mad:

She's right! Verizon doesn't make the updates HTC and Google do......why do people even waste their time talking to a slightly over minimum wage call center worker that has nothing to do with these things to give them news on it. They will know about 10-15 minutes before you do, at MAX.

Wait patiently. I hope this hurries up and gets here so these threads die. It was like this in the Eris stuff until they got it then everyone complained about everything lol. My crystal ball says......

romma

May 27, 2010
Visit site
why do people even waste their time talking to a slightly over minimum wage call center worker that has nothing to do with these things to give them news on it.

Was this question rhetorical? Hence the period at the end... :)

I'll tell you why, I wanted to satisfy my personal curiosity that was been aroused from countless conflicting posts from numerous sources across many forums. I happened to have time to kill this am, and I went for it...

Your right though Qazme, it was an apparent waste of time.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
She's right! Verizon doesn't make the updates HTC and Google do......why do people even waste their time talking to a slightly over minimum wage call center worker that has nothing to do with these things to give them news on it. They will know about 10-15 minutes before you do, at MAX.

Wait patiently. I hope this hurries up and gets here so these threads die. It was like this in the Eris stuff until they got it then everyone complained about everything lol. My crystal ball says......

I sense some hostility in you today Qazme.

I have to stop doing (dot dot dot) or you will be after me too! :)

Dear Diary,
2day wuz a grit day 4 postin' on deez 4ums....
Gosh that never gets old.

I agree that these threads are growing and growing and should be merged and or deleted.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Was this question rhetorical? Hence the period at the end... :)

I'll tell you why, I wanted to satisfy my personal curiosity that was been aroused from countless conflicting posts from numerous sources across many forums. I happened to have time to kill this am, and I went for it...

Your right though Qazme, it was an apparent waste of time.

Yeah it was rhetorical because I have been guilty of it in the past myself. However over the years I have learned that I can garnish more information from forums than the tech support people at Verizon. So it was more of a persuasive comment than a question lol ;)

I sense some hostility in you today Qazme.

I have to stop doing (dot dot dot) or you will be after me too! :)

Dear Diary,
2day wuz a grit day 4 postin' on deez 4ums....
Gosh that never gets old.

I agree that these threads are growing and growing and should be merged and or deleted.

LOL no, no hostility at all. Using this forum is like being a manic bus driver. Ever so often I have to yell at the riders or I'll have to swerve off the road. lol ;) The spelling thing Tony.....and since I've covered a Star Wars joke today, and since your name is Tony, it's time for a Scar Face quote: Don't f**k me, Tony. Don't you ever try to **** me. (Sosa talking to Tony) /great movie too lol....sheesh.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Her womb is so polluted.....

Say ello to my lil fwiend :)

scarface-photo-scarface-6229381.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress