Whats the best way to mark a location in Navigation App

herbmmm

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I want to mark a location I will be at next week. I would like it to be in my Navigation App! Whats the best way to do this. I see in Google Maps I can long press on a spot and star it for future use but don't see any way to do this in Navigation!!

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can do it while in navigation mode. I would star it, like you said. Next week open maps, go to that star, click it and chose the Navigate to option. You can also put it on your Google Calendar as an event,then click the address in the calendar next week to start navigation.

Bundy#AC

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Why not just enter the address and start navigation in advance - like now? Then it will be in your list of recent nav points in the nav app.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Save it as a favorite in Google Maps. Then, use Google Maps, Menu, "Starred Places", pick it, then choose Navigate.

If the place has an address or place name (e.g. "200 Park Avenue, New York, NY" or "Metlife Building", you can always Voice Search it by saying "Navigate to Metlife Building".

You can also put a one touch shortcut for navigation on your home screen.
Hold down an empty spot on your homescreen, select "Shortcut", then "Directions & Navigation". Enter your address then select "Turn-by-turn navigation". Click "Save" and you'll have one button access to navigation to that particular place.

Not sure if that will help you. Good luck!

JoAnn

Reactions: benlevy

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Or you could save a shortcut with the address on your homescreen. When you click it, it opens Google Navigation, and takes you there from wherever you are.

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Easiest way, I usually do it on the computer at maps.google.com and sign in to your account. Find the location and click add to maps. Then on your droid click maps and click layers and click more layers and maps and it will show the maps you saved. Which can be directions from a location to that place or just the place. I just save the location without directions to it because it will take me there via current location.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately. i appreciate efforts to help, but honestly, many of them are major kludges. a powerhouse like the dinc should be able to do what my 5 yr old garmin can do :(

Wow. I think these are super-simple solutions for saving interesting addresses and navigating to them. You can also make the location a contact and just navigate to it whenever. Sorry you feel let down. :confused: