Restoring Backup

ozark01

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I had to do a hard reset on my Incredible due to an "Inconsistent UID" error message that would not go away. I have a complete backup of the phone and am wondering if I restore all of the files in the backup to the phone will I be restoring the same problem back to the phone. Any info will be appreciated!.

More info...The backup consists of the files from the phone copied to a computer. No program was used to copy the files. The phone is not rooted.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In general, simply copying every file you're able to from the phone to a computer won't necessarily give you a valid backup that you can then restore to the phone after a reset. You'll still have to reinstall your apps, and copying some of that data back over might set up some conflicts.

ozark01

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! So if I do try and copy all files back to the phone the worst that can happen is that I will need to another reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might mess up some of the apps you install, but I don't think anything catastrophic would happen.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress