my phone things i'm in Christianshavn

alkaline

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i took a look at my phone which thinks it's 8:30 and a full moon when it's 2:30 and raining. it thinks my location is Christianshavn when i'm actually in Cincinnati, Oh. A quick google search shows me that Christianshavn is indeed real and looks like a charming city. however, since i'm not actually there, the weather / time isn't of any relevance to me.

so anyone seen this before? any idea how to fix it? and yes, this is the location is pulling based on (current), it's not a location that's been added.

p.s. apparently i can't spell thinks. ha

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had my show me as being in the town of "10"before(when ticking on geolocation) , and a couple other places I never heard of,,, but not the one yours said you was in, if I have my set to use geolocation in beautiful widgets weather.

I just type in the name of town and dont use the geolocation when it does that.

you did not say which weather source you was using tho,,, default htc, or BW or another , etc.

Last edited:

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My phone did that the other day with the stock HTC clock/weather widget. It said I was in some town in Denmark (I'm not). I tried refreshing a couple of times and that didn't work, so I powered off the phone and when I started it back up it had the correct information again.

alkaline

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i tried that too but no go. oh and Christianshavn is in Denmark. kind of odd that both of ours would randomly switch to a town in Denmark. it's using the google location services which i've turned off and back on and still nothing.

the scary thing is i use it for my alarm clock. that would suck if it did it in the middle of the night and i kept on sleeping instead of coming to the office, lol.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had three friends with HTC phones contact me today saying their phone thought they were in some European city. A simple reboot fixed there's. I wonder if there is something wrong with the HTC clock/weather server since so many people are experiencing this issue at once.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo