Factory reset

sethlamb

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Im havin issues with thr phone and verizon reccomended a factory reset. Will the backup assistant save all my contacts data. Like mailing addresses, email addresses, and numerous phone numbers? Will i lose the pictures that arevsaved on thr phone? If so how do i move them to the sd card? How can j save to the sd card in the future?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Im havin issues with thr phone and verizon reccomended a factory reset. Will the backup assistant save all my contacts data. Like mailing addresses, email addresses, and numerous phone numbers? Will i lose the pictures that arevsaved on thr phone? If so how do i move them to the sd card? How can j save to the sd card in the future?

VZ backup will store anything in your contact list accept for pictures that you assigned to the contact....yes if you do not move the pictures on the phone to the SD card they will be lost. there are many ways to move them to your phone. you can use astro file manager from or you can connect your phone to your computer via USB mount the SD card and explore the phone and SD card and transfer files like that... i do not have an incredible i have a fascinate so they way they manage picture files may be different , i do not have an option to move pictures in my setup because they go directly in a file to the SD but if your pictures are on your phone it is quite possible it has a move option, you can go to the picture and hit the menu button on the lower left of your phone and it may give you options to move the picture, please dont quote me on that because i do not own an incredible. And as far as saving photos to your SD card, if they are not already, i will look this up later in the day for you if you do not have an answer from someone else by then.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

oh and best way to make sure your contacts were saved is, run the VZ backup assistant, then log onto your verizon account on the computer and look for your profile after you log in and there is a contacts section , you will be able to see all the uploaded contacts. this can be done before you do the restore.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
There are several ways to backup contacts.

1) if they are G-mail contacts then you are already done. They sync with G-mail automatically.

2) if you use HTC Sync to sync with Outlook - just do a final sync before reseting the device.

3) in the People app go to Menu-> Import/Export -> Export to SD card. This will create a .vcf file on the SD Card that can be imported to People after the reset.

First and foremost - if you have not done so already - sign up for AppBrain! It will make re-loading your apps MUCH easier. All you will have to do is load AppBrain from the market - re-sign in and sync. All your apps will be listed for download and install.

Your Pics on the DInc are stored in /emcc/DCIM/100MEDIA You can use File Manager, as previously stated, to copy them to a Pictures directory on the SD Card. Also in the Camera options, you can set Storage to SD Card by default for the future.

Hope this helps!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
This is the forum for the Incredible but I imagine the process is similar. Personally I'd plug into a computer and just drag and drop them there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95