Plugged in, didn't charge, extremely hot

Zak8022

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I generally plug my phone in every night, and this situation has occurred 3 or 4 times now. When i wake up in the morning, the battery has not been charged any and is extremely hot (~100*F, according to one battery widget).

I unplug, let it cool, then plug it in again and it charges fine, no excess heat.

Has anyone ever experienced this, or know what might cause it?

Zak8022

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Stock battery, but it is not the stock charger. I've wondered if its the charger, but since it seems inconsistent i wasn't sure. I use the same charger every night, most of the time its ok, sometimes this weird hot/no charge thing happens.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I've read that chargers other than the stock are hit and miss. Some don't charge at all, some leave the device inactive while plugged in, while others seem to work just fine. Haven't seen your specific problem but I would bet that is the culprit. I would suggest getting a new charger. The only other one that I have experience with is from Seidio and it also charges a spare battery.

Amazon.com: Seidio Multi-Function Battery Charger for Use with HTC Droid Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, Droid Eris and Touch Pro 2: Cell Phones & Accessories

Zak8022

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'm fairly sure the one i'm using is from Seidio as well (though a different one than you linked). From a dock/cradle for my old BlackBerry. It was micro usb, so i thought it'd be ok. But i'll try to use another/stock charger and see if the problem persists.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've seen that most people that use old BB chargers say they work fine. I don't have any issues at all using either stock charger or the one from Seidio that I posted a link to. I hope the new charger fixes your issue.

Reactions: Zak8022