Video Question

jwehrer

May 27, 2010
Visit site
We shot about a 3 minute video with the HTC Incredible this past Saturday night of my daughter dancing and want to put it on Facebook so our family can see it. Unfortunately, there's no way that I can find to do anything with that video from the phone other than to hook the phone up to the computer via USB and copy it over to the computer. Once there, it's a 3GP file format that has no sound unless you play it in quicktime. The size of the file is almost 70 meg. This is too big for YouTube and Facebook. What can we do with this video to allow others to see it (other than show it to them in person on the phone)?

jfiguraMT

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
The only thing you need is the YouTube app included with the phone. Setup your YouTube channel to accept mobile uploads, then right from YouTube on the Inc, send that puppy upstream and you're done.

Having said that, if you want to do something more than just send it to YouTube to share, then the other poster is correct in that you'll need an editing or conversion software capable of changing the file from .3gp to .avi or .mp4

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i don't remeber the length/size but i uploaded a video of at least 2-3 minutes at 800x480 to my facebook. i posted on a previous thread about it but then i found the "video uploader to facebook" app in the market and i was able to upload it to my wall. It's by Matt Hawley and it worked for me. Give it a shot. I'm not well versed in the technical aspects of files and sizes but this allowed me to do what i couldn't before.

sr.kayla

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Im having a bunch of trouble with this too. I have the windows movie maker and can down size my videos just fine but there is no sound! how do you get the sound from the video to work?????? please help asap!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My question is why does it tell me I am recording and saving in .mp4 but it is actually in .3gp. What happens if I change setting in video camera to h264?