Stock charger with 1800mah battery?

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are any drawbacks, technical or otherwise, to using the stock charger that comes with the Incredible to charge the 1800mah battery available at HTCExpress?

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
No issue you can use it as most batteries these days are smartbattery meaning they contain info regarding full mAh, discharge percentage and rate along with temp and voltage. You can't charge it damage it as it won't over charge so your good to go.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I didn't recall seeing any discussion about chargers for these batteries other than the wall chargers, so I just wanted to make sure no one knew of any issues. I personally have a preference for just charging batteries in the phone rather than a wall charger, and it'd be a hassle if I had to remove them to charge them. Thanks for the feedback!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
well it is good if you have more than one battery. I have it. I have the same batteries as well. I do use my wall charger that came with my phone if I am not taking it out of the phone. I haven't used the 2nd battery. I actually want to sell it. One is plenty for me. The wall charger is great though if you are charging up a back-up battery. I am impressed with this battery. Sure lasts a lot longer !