Google Sync

WFMike

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So I've been told to use Google sync to backup my cell contacts and I swear I must be a moron cause I've searched half the web and cant seem to find out how. Anyone care to give a helping hand is appreciated.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you log into your gmail account on a PC and see all of your contacts there, no further backup is needed. Google keeps it all and with any other phone you might get, when you log it into your gmail account, all of them will be transferred to the new (or freshly wiped) phone.

If you don't see all of your contacts listed when you log into gmail from a PC, that's a different subject.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
After doing what greydarrah said make sure it's active by going to:

settings
> Accounts & sync > Make sure "Background data" and "Auto-sync" are check marked.

TheBandit181

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
If they haven't synced to gmail after attempting the above instructions there is an alternative.

Open the People app, press menu, choose import/export and export to SD Card. Next, using your USB cable attach your Incredible to your computer and mount as USB mass storage. Log into gmail from your computer and click the link for contacts. Choose import contacts and browse to the .vcf or .csv file. This will manually load your phone contacts into gmail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall