HTC problem, adds "+1" voice search/commands, cannot complete call

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I remember a long time ago Facebook was adding the +1 to phone numbers when syncing contacts with Facebook. So I guess I'll ask... Are you syncing contacts with Facebook?

If I remember correctly, once it was done it had to be edited out of every contact, but not syncing Facebook contacts kept it from returning.

Worth a shot.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
it's actually not my contacts. it's google voice dialing voice actions. "call pepboys " used to work on my incredible but my thunderbolt adds a plus to the number and the call doesn't go through.

I'm beginning to think assisted dialing doesn't actually work at all in this rom. I've tried various countries and nothing seems to change.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It's interesting that you "used " to be able to do the dialing with your Incredible. I seem to remember that I used to as well, however, i definitely can't anymore. I wonder if it was the froyo upgrade...

ckeran

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC problem, adds "+1" voice search/commands, cannot complete

A little bit different problem with +1...

I have a Tbolt and one of my contacts has this +1 included and prevents me from dialing. Not sure where this +1 came from--I think after the recent upgrade (late July 2011). I even deleted this contact and created a new one and it added a +1 again. Ok, so maybe it adds a +1 to all new contacts? Nope, tried adding a different one and it didn't add the +1. Bizarre.

Any thoughts?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Don't use the 1 at all when putting in your number. It will still work without the 1 in the number.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

hey guys, guess what?

it WORKS now.

i'm on my 2nd incredible, the first one had a broken speaker. the one they sent me, after i tried it, it works! i have no idea why.

maybe it's some app that i install that i haven't installed yet...