Gingerbread OTA updates for HTC Desire HD and Incredible S rolling out

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so front page on Android Central is saying Gingerbread OTA updates for HTC Desire HD and Incredible S rolling out today, so what about our original Droid Incredibles???

Anyone know when we'll get this?

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of cool that were are getting Ginger bread in June AFTER the phone has been discontinued.

At least that's the plan.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I would hope that they continue to give us updates as 1) the phone is not that old and is just as powerful as brand new models just coming out, and 2) most of us are stuck with a 2 year contract...

Be nice if we do get this one in the next month

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not holding my breath. Especially since it will have to be approved by Verizon first. If we were on Sprint or T-Mobile I would say sure we will get it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
HTC Already said they will roll out for the DInc. It's just a matter of VZW testing how much bloat they can jam in and still have the thing boot! ;)

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
HTC Already said they will roll out for the DInc. It's just a matter of VZW testing how much bloat they can jam in and still have the thing boot! ;)

And by the time they have finished testing and installing all the bloatwere they can we'll probably be talking about Ice Cream Sandwich. Oh well. I'm already running Gingerbread thanks to Cyanogenmod so I'm really not worried about the official update anymore.

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Remember guys that our DInc was one of the first to get Froyo. HTC is great about putting out updates and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that VZW has a build already. They will do their extensive testing but I am sure we will get it. Blackmanx has said he was confident it would.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
In the Blackberry World, these updates always got leaked.....

One of the things (which are very few) that I miss about the Blackberry world.

Lego

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
But this time I think we're getting it before the EVO - I don't remember a Gingerbread announcement for the EVO yet. At least we have that going for us... which is nice.

We'll likely see RUU leaks as it goes through testing.

Last edited: