Will insurance give me the dinc again

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
so im in kind of a pickle i lost my phone the other night and im about to file a claim with asurion but im just wondering will they give me a dinc again? cause i think i'd miss it if i get something else unless i get the dinc2 which isnt a huge upgrade but it has some improvements

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Jared - I think the consensus has been that you get a DInc if they have them - If they don't then a "equivalent" like an X (Though not really an "equal") ;) You might try the “X is too big for me” argument and see if they will give you a 2. Can’t hurt.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they will always replace it with the exact phone......if they are available. Since it's been discontinued, they probably have a limited supply left. Once they are out, they are out I believe. I would argue you want an HTC, as the droid x and well, any motorola are inferior (IMHO). I would argue if they don't have the DINC. THEY are the insurance covering you. You paid the premiums, so argue you want the phone you paid for.

I'm with you, nothing out there is really that much of an improvement.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
so im in kind of a pickle i lost my phone the other night and im about to file a claim with asurion but im just wondering will they give me a dinc again? cause i think i'd miss it if i get something else unless i get the dinc2 which isnt a huge upgrade but it has some improvements
I just got my TBOLT, and listed my Dinc for sale... PM me if you are interested and I will give you all the specs.. its in great condition (always been in an otterbox with zagg screen protector) 2 batteries and 16gb sd card... I unrooted it and put it back to complete stock yesterday with the 16gb card in it... if not, good luck with verizon, they should have some left :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You will get the incredible unless they are out of it. But most likely they have it.

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
within the last 3 weeks, my wife dropped and shattered her DInc... insurance replacement was a DX... I didn't make a big deal about it but maybe I should have and scored a Thunderbolt.

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a small crack in my outer screen and was wondering the same thing.. asked my buddy which is in verizon tech support if assurions replacing with Droid X's still or Inc2's. He told me their using the Droid X two days ago and just texted me today to say assurion just replaced someones incredible with a Incredible 2!! Its got me thinking.. problem is its not even fully rooted yet, but i assume in due time and its actually a little upgrade (4",tbolt processor, front face cam, 768ram) but I would miss all the awesome roms!!

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
And don't forget your $100 deductable! I would not think it's worth a $100 unless you were really in a bind.

True! its crazy how much that has gone up! but i was thinking more about Im still in contract for another 11 months and would be a good opportunity to upgrade my hardware for a little more longevity for cheap while i wait for LTE to get refined.. also I just saw they sell the whole glass/touch screen/front housing for $38 and do some surgery!

Last edited:

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If you do plan on buying used, MAKE SURE the ESN number is clean on the phone. If the ESN number is reported lost or stolen you can't activate it on a carrier to use it as a phone.

Of course if you get it through the insurance company they all would work just fine.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I started a claim to see and this is where I stop....but look for yourself........
insclaim.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87