fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So I am now availablefor an upgrade. I can't put my finger down on what to get. The Thunderbolt and the Droid charge look cool but I live in the middle of nowhere so 4G isnt an option. The Droid x2 looks awesome but I wish it has a front facing camera. The incredible 2 seems to be my best bet but what if 3G fades out soon? Help!!!!!

What are your opinions?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
well I say wait a little longer seriously better phones should be coming out sooner BUT also i mean the droid x2 is a good option its dual core and you say you live in the middle of nowhere and the droidx2 is only 3g But it is motorola soo..idk

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Jared. The X2 seems like the best choice of the phones currently available, but I would wait a little longer if at all possible, there should be better phones coming out before long.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll throw my $.02 in as well - hold off. There is nothing significantly better then the DInc out there at the moment. Save your upgrade for another few months and see what comes out.

As far as 3G going away, I would not worry about that since 1x is still there and kicking! ;)

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
1g, 2g or 3g isn't going any where. It's not like they planned on putting 3g towers every where and suddenly decided from 3 years from now their going to take down all the towers and ONLY put up 4g.

1/2/3g is here to stay, specially for all the rural areas in the USA. Which accounts for 80% of the country.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
3g is going to be around. There are
Multimedia phones still in the lineup. I wouldn't worry about it. And I recommend holding off on your upgrade for now. You have a great device so why upgrade? Dec will bring more devices too. I love my Dinc. There isn't a device I want. I live in a 4g area and the network has issues and so do the phones. New and more doesn't always make it to be better
sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys thanks for all the great opinions. I've decided to just hold off with my upgrade and wait for something awesome and stable. As far as the 3G, I suppose i didn't fully think it over. Thanks for the help :)

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh I'm sorry did I say iPhone ? I meant iPhone ;-)
Really though after my wife got hers I am kinda loving it .... I really like android but I just don't love it

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm up for an upgrade, too. I'm happy with my Dinc. My wife's HTC Droid Eris is really showing its age; I'm considering using the upgrade to get her a new phone (or give her my Dinc and upgrade to a new phone for myself) but I'm not impressed with any of the current offerings.

Are there any upcoming Android phones (preferably HTC) to get excited about? The only thing the blogosphere and Twitter seem to be talking about is the iPhone 5.

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I had high hopes for the Thunderbolt...but from everyone I've talked with who has one...and from numerous reviews I've read...battery performance on the Thunderbolt seems to make battery performance on the Dinc look good -- and that's not saying much!

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I had high hopes for the Thunderbolt...but from everyone I've talked with who has one...and from numerous reviews I've read...battery performance on the Thunderbolt seems to make battery performance on the Dinc look good -- and that's not saying much!

From everything I've read and heard the Thunderbolt is a battery devouring monster. And since I don;t care to be a guinea pig to test Verizon's LTE network I'm perfectly happy to wait until LTE technology has matured some to get an LTE phone.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been eligible since late March. I'm going Nexus. Can't decide if I want to switch carriers now for the Nexus S, or wait for ICS and get that Nexus. I'll be buying both off contract (selling the potential Nexus S). Not sure if i want to monkey with my family plan right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87