Played with the Incredible Tonight

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
For reference, I see you're coming off a Moto Droid. Did you also recently own an iPhone? I ask because you compared the keyboard to an iPhone.

I tried the iPhone for 30 days just to see what the fuss was about. In my area AT&T has good coverage, but doesn't compare to Verizon. Also, the lack of multitasking was a huge turnoff for me, thus the move from BB to Droid which has been great!

the curves on back, could you tell, if the phone is placed on a flat surface, if it will sit flat? or uneven. thanks

This was one of my concerns after seeing all of the renders online. The phone does sit flat on flat surface when placed on it's back. The renders really don't do this device any justice whatsoever, it's breathtaking (and not in the Seinfeld sense of the word)!

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Is there a "lip" around the screen on the front of the phone? Can I place the phone face down without the screen touching the surface?

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Is there a "lip" around the screen on the front of the phone? Can I place the phone face down without the screen touching the surface?

No lip on the front...it's flat like a Ken doll. I'm fairly certain that the screen is not glass like the Droid though, screen protector is a must on this bad boy!

ripcity00

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised if the screen isn't glass. The responsiveness was good - assume this is for pinch to zoom etc also. I thought the better screens were glass partly for this reason. Also, any sense for how the screen would look in sunlight? You probably didn't have time to check, but what is your gut?

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised if the screen isn't glass. The responsiveness was good - assume this is for pinch to zoom etc also. I thought the better screens were glass partly for this reason. Also, any sense for how the screen would look in sunlight? You probably didn't have time to check, but what is your gut?

The screen most likely is glass, but closer to the build quality of the iPhone as opposed to the Gorilla Glass on the Droid. That said, just like an iPhone or iPod Touch, you will most likely need a screen protector such as Zagg's Invisible Shield.

The screen is so sharp and vibrant, my gut tells me that it will read great in the sunlight.

reuben432

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
How is the speakerphone? My wife has the droid and one of the features i really like is how criisp and clerar her speakerphone is, expecially when streaming music in the car.

UHF3

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
That's a bit confusing. But, I'll take it that it is glass and that it isnot like the glass used on the Moto Droid phone.

How is the screen for fingerprints?

I'm fairly certain that the screen is not glass like the Droid though, screen protector is a must on this bad boy!

The screen most likely is glass, but closer to the build quality of the iPhone as opposed to the Gorilla Glass on the Droid. That said, just like an iPhone or iPod Touch, you will most likely need a screen protector such as Zagg's Invisible Shield.

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
How is the speakerphone? My wife has the droid and one of the features i really like is how criisp and clerar her speakerphone is, expecially when streaming music in the car.

The speaker was very crisp and clear, I streamed a little Slacker radio to see how it was. You'll like it just as much as your wife's Droid.

That's a bit confusing. But, I'll take it that it is glass and that it isnot like the glass used on the Moto Droid phone.

How is the screen for fingerprints?

Sorry, meant to put it's not the same glass as the Droid.

Fingerprints didn't really show up all that much. It is a touch screen though so obviously there will be fingerprints depending on how oily your hands are. I'm a hairy Italian so I have olive oil fingers and I didn't really notice it that bad.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
The speaker was very crisp and clear, I streamed a little Slacker radio to see how it was. You'll like it just as much as your wife's Droid.
Speaking of streaming audio... Can you stream SHOUTcast Radio stations? I typically stream the Digitally Imported stations through SHOUTcast on WinAmp on my desktop PC. Would be cool if I could do that on my phone.

Sorry, this will be my first smartphone, so I don't know if it's already common knowledge or not.

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Speaking of streaming audio... Can you stream SHOUTcast Radio stations? I typically stream the Digitally Imported stations through SHOUTcast on WinAmp on my desktop PC. Would be cool if I could do that on my phone.

Sorry, this will be my first smartphone, so I don't know if it's already common knowledge or not.

Don't know that. I do know that iheartradio has an app in the Android Market though.

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
jgurnett

I see that you went from Blackberry to Android OS. I've had my 8330 for a while and have been waiting for the right Android OS phone to come out. I'm getting the Incredible (no questions there). With the BB there was a feeling of never wanting to have it out of your sight and never wanting to set it down.

How do you feel about the Incredible in regards to this? Feel free to use as many similes and metaphors you want.

reuben432

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

"Android Radio" from the market enables you to stream any shoutcast feed as well as save it to your favorites. I listen to tons of Club 977 stations, di.fm digitally imported and crystal radio does streams of howard stern too. I can't wait to get my incredible, my wife is tired of me ninja'ing her droid

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
jgurnett

I see that you went from Blackberry to Android OS. I've had my 8330 for a while and have been waiting for the right Android OS phone to come out. I'm getting the Incredible (no questions there). With the BB there was a feeling of never wanting to have it out of your sight and never wanting to set it down.

How do you feel about the Incredible in regards to this? Feel free to use as many similes and metaphors you want.

having gone from blackberry's to android myself, i can tell you with 99% certainty you won't put the phone down.

there's just so much more you can do with the OS compared to blackberry it's ridiculous. :)

clevey

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I just had an opportunity to play with the Incredible. I highly recommend that business/government account holders call your reps. to facilitate the opportunity. I'm going from a BB Tour and am completely awed by the speed, graphics, and smooth performance of this phone. I was hesitant with the design of the back cover, but holding it you don't realize that it isn't flat.

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
jgurnett

Well, I too had an 8330 and was hesitant of switching to Android and just like you, never had my Curve out arms reach. My Droid is always with me and I think I use it even more than my 8330, but for different reasons.

The Android OS lets you do all of the things you do on a daily basis, but better (in most cases...disclaimer...BB is still tops for corporate email IMHO)

I loved the Incredible...and will love it even more when I have my own.

Who cares if VZW gets the iPhone when you have stellar devices dropping every few months such as the Droid Incredible!

Last edited: