Flashed CM7, can't sign into google acc.

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I recently received my replacement Fascinate, and decided I would make the jump from SC 2.9.2, to something better. I ended up making the jump to Cyanogen Mod 7.3. I started fresh, flashed the CWM for cm 7, and then installed cm7, as well as the google apps, through cwm. Upon turning on my phone I couldn't find the android market anywhere. I also wasn't given the option to sign into my google account like you usually are. I downloaded and installed the newer (leaked) market, but still was unable to access it due to me not having an account synced up. When I try to sign into my google account through the Accounts & Sync option, I get a message which reads, Unable to open connection to server. I am at a complete loss as to how I am supposed to add and resync my old google account now that I have made the switch. Everything else is in working order, sms, calls, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I also wasn't able to sync up my email accounts either, as I received the same message. For the time being I have reverted to sc 2.9.2, since I'm going on vacation tomorrow. Hopefully someone can help by the time I return!

Last edited:

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I recently received my replacement Fascinate, and decided I would make the jump from SC 2.9.2, to something better. I ended up making the jump to Cyanogen Mod 7.3. I started fresh, flashed the CWM for cm 7, and then installed cm7, as well as the google apps, through cwm. Upon turning on my phone I couldn't find the android market anywhere. I also wasn't given the option to sign into my google account like you usually are. I downloaded and installed the newer (leaked) market, but still was unable to access it due to me not having an account synced up. When I try to sign into my google account through the Accounts & Sync option, I get a message which reads, Unable to open connection to server. I am at a complete loss as to how I am supposed to add and resync my old google account now that I have made the switch. Everything else is in working order, sms, calls, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I also wasn't able to sync up my email accounts either, as I received the same message. For the time being I have reverted to sc 2.9.2, since I'm going on vacation tomorrow. Hopefully someone can help by the time I return!

I dont know what CM7 7.3 is but here is the link to the thread [ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (fascinatemtd) pretty-much-official build 11.1 - [07/18/11] - xda-developers Odin the CWM that is given in the OP than 3 finger salute staight to CWM flash the latest cm7 and gapps, profit. Thats all thats to it.....

pyretech

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem, I CWM flashed the GAPPS 3 times with no success. Then when I did it through the Clockwork ROM manager it worked.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem, I CWM flashed the GAPPS 3 times with no success. Then when I did it through the Clockwork ROM manager it worked.

I'm a bit rusty at the moment. Which part of Clockwork is the ROM manager? Also, once you got the gapps to successfully flash were you able to sign in with your account properly?

pyretech

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
There is a ROM manager app that flashed with cm7. The icon is a cog with a clockwork orange hat whithen the app go to download roms, then download GAPPS from there when its downloaded star the flash from there and it will boot you into CMW and finish it.
And yes, I could sign into my Google account everything works great.

angenoirlv

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I could use my browser but not connect to GAPPS. I solved this issue by enabling Background data and Auto sync under Settings>>Accounts & sync. Then I linked my Google account by tapping Add account at the bottom.

Background data and Auto-sync need to be enabled only for account setup purposes.

After I did that, I was able to use the android market and all the other apps.

u2braindead

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
gapps not showing up or flashing properly. tried using the ROM manager as stated above, but got an error saying I needed to install CMW recovery first. hit okay, and then my phone did nothing for a while. i backed out of the app drawer and just tried the brower... no connections. i have bars but no 3g and I cant tell if mobile data is working or not

michy9

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this helps, but I had the same problem. I noticed the gapps I had downloaded (gapps-gb-20110828-newtalk-signed) was only 2.95MB. I had another gapps(gapps-gb-20110828-signed) that was 6.11MB. Lo, and behold, the larger one worked! Hope I helped someone:)

Akshay Nawadkar

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I flashed recovery in Clockworkmod and it said recovery successful. Then I installed cm7 by rebooting into recovery. Still, the problem (same as mentioned above) persists. Need Help. Thankyou in advance.