jt vanilla gingerbread

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
ive been 'trying' to get it to work but having some issues. i can flash the CWM for CM7 fine, 3-button boot to recovery and flash the rom and its boots fine. has not icons hardly to speak of, no market etc. when i long hold the power button i only get reboot/power off options. not recovery option like the Comm Rom has so i can't figure out how/or what to do to get it working right.

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
ive been 'trying' to get it to work but having some issues. i can flash the CWM for CM7 fine, 3-button boot to recovery and flash the rom and its boots fine. has not icons hardly to speak of, no market etc. when i long hold the power button i only get reboot/power off options. not recovery option like the Comm Rom has so i can't figure out how/or what to do to get it working right.
maybe try wiping and reflashing cm7

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
well i learned when you long press the power button and select reboot it opens another menu that gives you the choice to reboot or recovery, select recovery this way and it takes you to an orange cwm4 that you can install the gapps from.

ggr

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
1. Installed Odin CWM from CM7 page.
2. I installed it this morning - did data/factory wipe, cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe.
3. Installed JT and Google apps via zip, worked well.

Of course after the first boot, it asked for the gmail ID and tried to install all the google apps, which did not work.

So skipped the app installs, finished the gmail ID, and things went smoothly.

Yes, as JT claims, it is fast. Everything seems to function fine. Couple of crashes I have had might not be related to the ROM, but some app.
But one thing is for certain, the ROM is fast, have had no reason to pull the battery - like I had to on the Stock gingerbread leak, battery drain is lesser than before. I went from Stock-leaked gingerbreak to JT 2.3.5

Things that work:
sms, calls, wifi, camera, voice recording, video recording, GV, gtalk, viber

Things that do not work:
Wifi Hotspot (it used to work with stock gingerbread+root and stock froyo + root)
gtalk + voice chat
launcher Pro - Gmail Widget under

One thing I really did not like about JT -> No Swype Keyboard.
If I could get an app to install it separately, then I will be very happy with JT.

I registered with Swype Beta and downloaded swype 3.0 beta and installed it. It works great, now to re-add my dictionary.

I really like this release. Thanks JT.

-DW

Last edited:

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
well, goin back to the Comm Rom2. can't get backup assistant to install to get my contact or the task manager which i use so no GB roms for me for the time being :(

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
well, goin back to the Comm Rom2. can't get backup assistant to install to get my contact or the task manager which i use so no GB roms for me for the time being :(

Back up your contacts to your Gmail account... its a lot more reliable than back-up assistant... you can use it regardless of what ROM you choose... and its easy as pie

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Back up your contacts to your Gmail account... its a lot more reliable than back-up assistant... you can use it regardless of what ROM you choose... and its easy as pie

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

+1 turn on backup contacts under sync in google!!

amshere

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to find instructions on how to install this rom. I am currently running Leaked full stock GB and would like to try this out..

Thanks..

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to get the task manager that can on the fascinate and thats in the comm rom to work on GB? i copied the apk (JobManager.apk) to my sd card but when try to install it it says App not installed.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to get the task manager that can on the fascinate and thats in the comm rom to work on GB? i copied the apk (JobManager.apk) to my sd card but when try to install it it says App not installed.

Go in the market and download Active Apps.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing random radio failures. I'll look at my status bar every few hours and then all of a sudden the 3g symbol is gone. Going into settings and turning off data and turning it back on works fixes it but it's find of a pain. Other than that this ROM is great! Quick, sleek, and fewer lags and force closes than CM7.

(If you have or haven't had this issue and are having the best ever or bad radio issue let me know what kernel and radio you are running)

hanathan

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I am using it happily. JT made version 3.0 available via the Rom Manager app. I got upgraded from 2.0 by selecting "Download ROM" under the "ROM Management" heading.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk