Samsung fascinate trouble with installing google apps.

jj.amonit

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
phone is a verizon samsung fascinate

I have searched the interweb to no avail. I have rooted and flashed cyanogenmod 7.1.0. I have tried to install all of the google apps.

I downloaded the latest zip file and placed it on the sd card. I then run clockworkmod from boot and install the file from zip. Everything runs fine until I try to go backwards to reboot the system.

I get an error not able to mount cache, etc. I am not sure what is causing this. I reinstall the Clockwork mod recovery, formated the data, cleared the cache and reinstalled cyanogen.

I did notice while formating the data, that is was failing to mount folders, and eventually said skipping the step.

I reboot the system anyway, and it goes right into the normal homescreen. The videos I have seen show the google account setup wizard starting off.

I have installed the Android Market app without by itself, is there a way to install the Account setup wizard individually?

What is inhibiting me from installing these apps? I really need my contacts back.

If you need more info, let me know.

jj.amonit

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
update to this post. did some more research. One guy suggested opening up the zip file from cyanogen's site. Then placing all of the unzipped apk's onto the sd card. then run each one individually from the file manager.

I did this, and got only three of the files to install. the others would not. The three are: Googleservicesframework.apk, vending.apk, and mediauploader.apk.

I was able to sign into my google account with the setup wizard, but android market continually force closes. I have reinstalled it, cleared the data, etc. still force closes.

I still am unable to get the other apk's to install. I think this has to do with the other folders in the zip folder, which is why I didn't really want to do it.

If anybody has any ideas, I would really appreciate it. ask questions if you need more info.

Thanks

jj.amonit

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Since I am having error messages while wiping or reading cache, I thinkthat it could be clickworkmod recovery. Or it is the kernel. Anybody got suggestions for the proper versions of these two? And I assume I can just redo those steps

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
First, you have to install the CWM from ROM Manager. After that, you have to reboot to recovery from ROM Manager or from the pop up that appears when you hold the power key. If you power off and three finger boot to the CWM you ODINed on there, it will not work.