I hate my phone now. Stuck on thte Verizon logo

sgtmack

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried to run the remove lag fix.bat. LP went in to force close loop, pulled battery, now I'm stuck at the Verizon logo.

Let's see if I can Clockwork recovery it.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
I love Clockwork recovery.
So, any ideas how to remove the lag fix without bricking it?

It's not that complicated, the problem is that it can seem that way if you don't know how it was applied in the first place. This is why I advocate against most one-click solutions.. Many don't come with an "un-click", and you can't see what's going on behind the scenes.

Always try and do it by hand, from the shell. Then you know what exactly was changed, and someone can easily help you reverse it.

That being said, what the lag fix does is create a 'virtual' partition with a more efficient file system. It then copies your /data to the virtual partition. Then it removes that /data, and creates symbolic links pointing to the new virtual partition. That makes it compatible with most every app that gets installed to /data.

If you can't find another thread/post with someone describing how they undid it, I would jump on IRC when you have time and see if someone in #samsung-fascinate or #android-root will help you out.

sgtmack

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I used the one click lag fix. I will spend some time later trying to figure out how to remove it manually. Worse case I will use the revert to stock with Odin idea, then re root and do another Nandroid backup.

druaszomg

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset and clear cache from the recovery menu worked for me when I had that problem

I did the same thing with the factory reset but it still leaves the debing fix with the filename with the .old extension
I prefer that as long as the lag fix has been removed or do I still have to recover using the odin back to stock >

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana