Froyo CWM/Flashing

mickey420

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
So i followed Coreys directions step by step, stock DL09 and format sd card, odin flashed cwmfroyo, and nothing. keeps going back to blue recovery. So i flashed DJ05 formatted sd card, flashed cwm froyo, success i have froyo. But now cant flash anything in recovery or rom manager, so i flashed CWMRecovery_DJ05_DL09_RED.tar.tar, reboot into recovery and flash from sd card, had to wipe dalvick cache and data to flash rubiks rom.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So i followed Coreys directions step by step, stock DL09 and format sd card, odin flashed cwmfroyo, and nothing. keeps going back to blue recovery. So i flashed DJ05 formatted sd card, flashed cwm froyo, success i have froyo. But now cant flash anything in recovery or rom manager, so i flashed CWMRecovery_DJ05_DL09_RED.tar.tar, reboot into recovery and flash from sd card, had to wipe dalvick cache and data to flash rubiks rom.

did you have update.zip on your sd card, and when you were in blue recovery did you hit apply sdcard update.zip?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for all (non-voodoo) ROMs - xda-developers

You'll need to flash the newer CWM. The old green, and voodoo red, both are made for 2.1. The newer cwm is red, but it behaves like green, and isn't made for voodoo as of yet. Think of it as a working bridge, but not a pretty one.

yeah but he said he flashed cwm froyo,,,, maybe he didnt flash it with the battery out, then insert it and boot directly inot recovery without turning the phone on

mickey420

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
i followed the directions to a T, pull battery download mode flash via odin, boot into recovery mode, apply update.zip, it would show box opening file and yellow line underneath like it was going to load cwm, then go back to blue

mickey420

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
it worked with DJ05, to install DL30 leak, then once booted up and all when i tried to flash using rom manager or boot into recovery it would still go back to blue after clicking apply update.zip, thats when i flashed cwm red via odin and now i can flash from recovery mode only.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
it worked with DJ05, to install DL30 leak, then once booted up and all when i tried to flash using rom manager or boot into recovery it would still go back to blue after clicking apply update.zip, thats when i flashed cwm red via odin and now i can flash from recovery mode only.

when you downloaded rom manager did you hit flash clockwork recovery ?

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
See if you can flash the new CWM red listed here

I've had terrible luck with the old green, and old red after I flashed to 2.2

Just for the record I hate rom manager. Seems like stuff gets screwed way too often from there. Does flash black hole really well though. *shrug*

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=943289 apparently they've got a bad CWM up.
(Ha, read further and found you were credited for this Adrynalyne. Thanks for being you!)

Reactions: mickey420

mickey420

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I dl cwm in rom manager, the cwm red I'm using works, but only if I boot into or reboot into recovery, finding rom manager less and less useful as I progress in my understanding of flashing etc. Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else was having similar issues. Thnx for all the feedback guys, when I grow up I wanna be just like you:)

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I dl cwm in rom manager, the cwm red I'm using works, but only if I boot into or reboot into recovery, finding rom manager less and less useful as I progress in my understanding of flashing etc. Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else was having similar issues. Thnx for all the feedback guys, when I grow up I wanna be just like you:)

yeah i find rom manager useless, the only fuction it serves is when doing a backup you can name it...but besides that nothing.... and even then if i do a nandroid backup from clockwork i just go rename the file later anyway.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah i find rom manager useless, the only fuction it serves is when doing a backup you can name it...but besides that nothing.... and even then if i do a nandroid backup from clockwork i just go rename the file later anyway.

same here. i use it some to add stuff that i dont currently have. like the stock desk cradle. other than that, eh.

mickey420

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I put new update.zip on card, flashed new cwm froyo fromsheepdog post, thnx btw, it worked I'm guessing, dl midnight theme from sonofskywalker and flashed with rom ma, it went to blue screen first, apply update.zip and went to red and flashed successfully, also did a backup with rom and same thing and worked, couldn't do backup with old cwm red.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I put new update.zip on card, flashed new cwm froyo fromsheepdog post, thnx btw, it worked I'm guessing, dl midnight theme from sonofskywalker and flashed with rom ma, it went to blue screen first, apply update.zip and went to red and flashed successfully, also did a backup with rom and same thing and worked, couldn't do backup with old cwm red.

Glad to help :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa