[Q] Which ROM/Kernel combination?

toddw

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying different ROMs and kernels on my Fascinate. I haven't run into any problems that I counldn't fix, though losing my Verizon voicemail took me some time to figure out, but I did. I've tried different ROM/kernel combinations trying to get the best performance with the longest battery life. So far I would have to say the best battery life came with Super Clean v.9 with the StupidFast v1.54 kernel. It also performed well. But I like the looks of the Super Dark ROM but I can't couple it with a kernel that gives me really good battery life. I've tried several of JT's non-voodoo kernels and StupidFast SV and UV overclocked kernels, the overclcoked SF is giving me alot of FC issues. Unless someone can give me recommendations I guess I'll go back with Super Clean and Stupid Fast SV.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying different ROMs and kernels on my Fascinate. I haven't run into any problems that I counldn't fix, though losing my Verizon voicemail took me some time to figure out, but I did. I've tried different ROM/kernel combinations trying to get the best performance with the longest battery life. So far I would have to say the best battery life came with Super Clean v.9 with the StupidFast v1.54 kernel. It also performed well. But I like the looks of the Super Dark ROM but I can't couple it with a kernel that gives me really good battery life. I've tried several of JT's non-voodoo kernels and StupidFast SV and UV overclocked kernels, the overclcoked SF is giving me alot of FC issues. Unless someone can give me recommendations I guess I'll go back with Super Clean and Stupid Fast SV.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...56394-beginners-rooting-read-me-2-6-11-a.html

Bottom of the second post is the most solid advice anyone can give you beyond "X and Y work well for me."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez