Question Xiaomi Mi10T Lite 5G completely dead, General Q about identifying the problem.

MrAshMan

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi all

I have a Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite 5G which i rebooted last night before bed whilst it was on charge (battery was around 10%). Whilst it was rebooting i accidentally ripped the cable from the phone, the phone never rebooted and is completely blank now.

No sign of life whatsoever comes from the device. No vibrations, no sound, no light from the screen, and as far as i can tell is not charging when plugged in. I can not even boot into recovery/fastboot mode. This is a first for me that a phone has completely died on me like this.

little extra info - phone has always been stock, never rooted or flashed a different rom, also opened it up and disconnected the battery along with other parts and reassembled with no luck. Charging cable and plug were third party not an official xiaomi charger.

So my question is would i be right in thinking it may be a battery issue? or is my motherboard faulty. The phone is not of importance to me however i just got back from a holiday the day before and have lots of photos of my family on there i don't want to loose so a Xiaomi repair is out of the question since they just replace the motherboard :(

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It could indeed be the battery. But it could also be a whole bunch of other stuff, as you already know. As you also know, chances are it isn't the battery given the symptoms.

There is nothing we can do to help you, you already know you are going to have to either buy a new battery and hope or just resign yourself to the fact that everything on there is gone.

That's all assuming you left it on charge overnight to try and charge the battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try leaving it plugged into a wall outlet for at least 6 hours undisturbed. Then press and hold Power for 30 seconds (count it out, because 30 seconds feels like forever in this situation), and see if anything happens.

Reactions: MrAshMan

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks all, I got a new battery but still nothing from the phone. Also tried leaving on charge for a day and holding power like recommended but nothing. Sad but I think I'll leave it at that and look for a new phone.
Thanks again for the suggestions!
Yeah best to not invest anymore, if you need help choosing your next device we can give some help .

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174