dl30 or eb01 ? you tell me...

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering...
First let me say that I am kind of new at this. I was able to get dl30 up and running on my phone, but then when I was trying to clear my battery stats I wiped the phone, basically it bricked, any how, I called Verizon, and there techs are clueless, no offense to them, being I am a girl as well, and if I was not a techie person, I would probably have given the same response. Lol any how, I just got the new phone and I am debating whether putting dl30 or this eb01 on it, rooted of course.

I wanted an expert opinion before I start messing with this one, as it will be my third phone in a week?s time.

Also, on the phone I had dl30 (2.2) that I bricked, will the Verizon techs see that I put it on if they can not get past the initial screen? You see I pulled the plug mid way Odin and now all you see on the screen is the icon of a "phone ... triangle/exclamation symbol ... computer". I tried everything to bypass that way I can restore to stock before I send it back. Any suggestions? Or am I good as they will not be able to override?

When I had dl30 (2.2) I was able to get Google as the main search provider when I pushed the magnifying glass icon. I know many said they still got Bing as the default; however that is not the case. I removed the widget from the main screen then in the app screens found Google activated it, then when you go home and hit the magnifying glass search icon I get Google as default. Just for your f y I... Any thoughts?

Please I am desperate, as I am home sick from work and have become obsessed with all of this. I am a wife and mother of four kids a secretary for an advanced placement high school and an interior designer, not the picture person of this stuff, but it is my hidden love, so your direction and advice is of great respect and value to me! I am not the norm of the techs, but I aspire to be. I am at your knees begging for help!

Thanks Essy G

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering...
First let me say that I am kind of new at this. I was able to get dl30 up and running on my phone, but then when I was trying to clear my battery stats I wiped the phone, basically it bricked, any how, I called Verizon, and there techs are clueless, no offense to them, being I am a girl as well, and if I was not a techie person, I would probably have given the same response. Lol any how, I just got the new phone and I am debating whether putting dl30 or this eb01 on it, rooted of course.

I wanted an expert opinion before I start messing with this one, as it will be my third phone in a week?s time.

Also, on the phone I had dl30 (2.2) that I bricked, will the Verizon techs see that I put it on if they can not get past the initial screen? You see I pulled the plug mid way Odin and now all you see on the screen is the icon of a "phone ... triangle/exclamation symbol ... computer". I tried everything to bypass that way I can restore to stock before I send it back. Any suggestions? Or am I good as they will not be able to override?

When I had dl30 (2.2) I was able to get Google as the main search provider when I pushed the magnifying glass icon. I know many said they still got Bing as the default; however that is not the case. I removed the widget from the main screen then in the app screens found Google activated it, then when you go home and hit the magnifying glass search icon I get Google as default. Just for your f y I... Any thoughts?

Please I am desperate, as I am home sick from work and have become obsessed with all of this. I am a wife and mother of four kids a secretary for an advanced placement high school and an interior designer, not the picture person of this stuff, but it is my hidden love, so your direction and advice is of great respect and value to me! I am not the norm of the techs, but I aspire to be. I am at your knees begging for help!

Thanks Essy G

ok so if you pull the battery, leave it out,,,plug in the phone and press the down button , can you not get it into download mode, the huge yellow triangle with the android shoveling?

Reactions: essy

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, left the battery out all night, all I get when I try to power on is the phone symbol filed by dots followed by triangle with exclamation followed by dots followed by computer icon.
But yes I can get to download mode but, I no longer can keep usb/pc connection. It acts as if it does not have drivers installed. But it is still recognized in oden but with pout the hardware safe removal icon in the notification bar in windows.
Then, when Oden runs, it runs for twenty mins. With no response.
Weird right?
Essy G

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, left the battery out all night, all I get when I try to power on is the phone symbol filed by dots followed by triangle with exclamation followed by dots followed by computer icon.
But yes I can get to download mode but, I no longer can keep usb/pc connection. It acts as if it does not have drivers installed. But it is still recognized in oden but with pout the hardware safe removal icon in the notification bar in windows.
Then, when Oden runs, it runs for twenty mins. With no response.
Weird right?
Essy G

Samsung go to the software section get the latest drivers and install
disable any antivirus you are running
plug your phone into the USB cables in the back of the computer,

Flash this file----> DI01

McBane

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had that happen before, honestly any Odin build that has been community approved will get it back to working order.

Just make sure you have the latest drivers that DroidXcon posted installed on your PC, and go to download mode and Odin it via the instructions.

If that doesn't work give us the exact error message that you are seeing, either in Odin or Windows itself.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had that happen before, honestly any Odin build that has been community approved will get it back to working order.

Just make sure you have the latest drivers that DroidXcon posted installed on your PC, and go to download mode and Odin it via the instructions.

I like to use DI01 it has the deepest flash, like flashes alot of other little partitions

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
factoryfs.rfs is where it stays, with no further response. i will try again in a bit, i will let it stay with this longer. I will be back in a bit....
thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
factoryfs.rfs is where it stays, with no further response. i will try again in a bit, i will let it stay with this longer. I will be back in a bit....
thanks

its a connection problem, if you have a different computer please try that or try different usb ports in the back of the computer

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE YOU!!!! IT WORKED, IF YOU WERE HERE I WOULD KISS YOU!!!!

Now I can send it back, I love you!!!!

Now on to next question...

So now what do you think? Which stock build should I use that has root? I want stock build with root, as I like some of the stock apps. Which is better? DL30 or EB01? You are the man!!!!!

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Can I get the verizon update vis Verizon push when it comes out? after I upload this with root? Will I lose root?

this is not just root, its everything, 2.2 froyo, root and clockwork mod

This is most likely the official version.. and since you will be already on 2.2 they will see it and it wont push you the update because you already have it... if it comes out, all you have to do is flash back like you just did and you will get the update...but by that time i will have a full package again...so either way you will get the update , no worries :)

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think I love you, lol. If only my hubby was into this stuff! Thank you core all your help! I'm going to flash in a bit. I'll let you know how I make out! ;)

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think I love you, lol. If only my hubby was into this stuff! Thank youfor all your help! I'm going to flash in a bit. I'll let you know how I make out! ;)

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think I love you, lol. If only my hubby was into this stuff! Thank you for all your help! I'm going to flash in a bit. I'll let you know how I make out! ;)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I think I love you, lol. If only my hubby was into this stuff! Thank you for all your help! I'm going to flash in a bit. I'll let you know how I make out! ;)

aww youre making me blush lol :D ... yeah let me know if you need anymore help, and dont worry you will get the hang of this stuff and will be giving others advice in no time :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress