Superclean 2.2 with DJ05 Base

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
How do I have a DJ05 Base with superclean 2.2 and what do I need to fix it? Did the voodoo of 2.2 include the EB01 base? Maybe that's what's the issue is... I'm on voodoo.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went to voodoo, so I can't use the odin. Thanks for the update though.

I'm not a voodoo person, so why can't you use ODIN with voodoo? Gunnermike has become the resident voodoo expert here at AC, and he's advising you flash the EB01 modem through ODIN.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
you can flash the modem via odin even with voodoo. however you can't use odin to flash a complete modem/rom/kernel package if the kernel that is packaged is non-voodoo.

Reactions: Landshark

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
you can flash the modem via odin even with voodoo. however you can't use odin to flash a complete modem/rom/kernel package if the kernel that is packaged is non-voodoo.

Thanks for clearing that up for me jackmei2. Like I said I'm not a voodoo guy....yet. Gunnermike and Sheepdog are trying to convice me to join the dark side ;)

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up for me jackmei2. Like I said I'm not a voodoo guy....yet. Gunnermike and Sheepdog are trying to convice me to join the dark side ;)

You should. If a rookie like me can, then it's easy enough. One thing I can't figure out though is how it installed all my apps in the background, but in "ghost" form so when I try to open them, it force closes them cause there's problems with them. Anyone else have this issue or know what could be enabling a phone to remember past apps?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You should. If a rookie like me can, then it's easy enough. One thing I can't figure out though is how it installed all my apps in the background, but in "ghost" form so when I try to open them, it force closes them cause there's problems with them. Anyone else have this issue or know what could be enabling a phone to remember past apps?

That is a new feature of Froyo. Go to menu=>settings=>privacy and uncheck the box for automatic restore.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Nah, I just figured I'd follow Gunner's advice and get comfortable flashing ROMs, kernels and such with nonvoodoo kernels before moving on to voodoo kernels. I like to take things one step at a time and learn what I need to know about the first step before moving on the the next step of the evolution.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

haha, you should! after hearing all of these scary stories about how voodoo can jack up your phone, I was afraid to try it out too... but it's really not all that scary, just a few extra steps of things to do. it's really easy to set up and to disable. the key is to make sure you disable it before you flash new roms and kernels without voodoo.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
That is a new feature of Froyo. Go to menu=>settings=>privacy and uncheck the box for automatic restore.

What exactly does this do...? Mine was grayed out due to the fact that "Backup my data" was unchecked. What does this affect? Thanks for explaining though. It sees what apps you have had installed (based on your market account), but what happens if you're fresh off a wipe - it just ends up force closing all of them unless you've moved them all to your SD card, right?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
haha, you should! after hearing all of these scary stories about how voodoo can jack up your phone, I was afraid to try it out too... but it's really not all that scary, just a few extra steps of things to do. it's really easy to set up and to disable. the key is to make sure you disable it before you flash new roms and kernels without voodoo.

its really not all that scary but it is not that much beneficial and in some cases detrimental, the memory that the fascinate uses was not meant to be repartitioned so messing up your memory isnt exactly out of the scope of possibility. so the minimal speed that it gives isnt really worth the risk as far as im concerned

What exactly does this do...? Mine was grayed out due to the fact that "Backup my data" was unchecked. What does this affect? Thanks for explaining though. It sees what apps you have had installed (based on your market account), but what happens if you're fresh off a wipe - it just ends up force closing all of them unless you've moved them all to your SD card, right?

it actually trys to reinstall everything from the market , it was downloading apps that i havnt used since i got the fascinate...i dont like this feature at all

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't make a big difference on FroYo right now. It did on Eclair, and it will once Samsung releases source code for their kernel.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Voodoo doesn't make a big difference on the leaked Samsung FroYo kernel (the only functional FroYo kernel at the moment be it stock, deodexed, AOSP)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

And to add to what DroidXcon said, perhaps some of the issues people were having might have been a result of their phones trying to download and reinstall all their apps at once, especially ones you no longer used or found did not agree with your setup. I have Backup my data checked but not automatic restore. No need for the automatic restore if you use Titanium backup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non