Car dock base doesn't output audio in EB01

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My main reason for wanting to upgrade to 2.2 was so I could use the aux input in my jeep.. When I dock it in the base, and I plug the 3.5mm cord in the back of the docking base and play music it just plays the music through the phone speakers.

Maybe this feature hasn't been completed or isn't included in the leaked eb01? Anyone else have this issue?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My main reason for wanting to upgrade to 2.2 was so I could use the aux input in my jeep.. When I dock it in the base, and I plug the 3.5mm cord in the back of the docking base and play music it just plays the music through the phone speakers.

Maybe this feature hasn't been completed or isn't included in the leaked eb01? Anyone else have this issue?

you have to use the sammy music app. in the now playing list click the button that looks like a phone. that will switch it. you have to do that anytime you want to use the car dock. if you wanna use pandora you have to do all that and then pause and then go to pandora.

its lame i know. so no one has expressed intrest in making that easier. most of the devs have thier hands tied with the new builds.

anon(71968)

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
On the car cradle app I have that came with sc 2.3v/EB01 there is a blue speaker button top right hand on main screen. I select that and everything comes through my stereo, no problem.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
On the car cradle app I have that came with sc 2.3v/EB01 there is a blue speaker button top right hand on main screen. I select that and everything comes through my stereo, no problem.

i see the blue button. looks like a mut button. i will try it out in a bit. problem is i dont use the sammy car dock. you can customize it. you cant open up any other apps. all you can do is what is there.

i was about to be excited.

anon(71968)

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know the dock is limited. I just make sure I hit that button first thing when I put it in my car dock, then any of the other apps I switch to sirius, pandora, etc. it plays through the stereo until I hit that button again.

AmanteNJ

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
i think the output depends on the apps it self. like pandora which doesn't have a selection on which output to use. the stock player have that selection in between the speaker and 5.1ch icon when viewed horizontally.

I still use the bluetooth audio feed which is almost the same as the audio output, but for those systems that does not have that feature i noticed i have to use the stock player first and select the audio output then use pandora radio. it doesn't work all the time i hope the official release will have this fixed.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
its annoying. if the stock card dock was customizable it would be different. but you are stuck with there stupid apps. i really wish someone would make an app or button or something. if i knew how i would. im not that smart.