HELP. Music plays through my phones top speaker and car speakers when connected to aux

Trace05

Apr 27, 2023
Visit site
So I have a moto one 5g uw ace, it nevers plays audio through the top speaker, only for calls. but when I connect my phone to my car using the aux cord, my youtube music plays through the phones top speaker and all my speakers in my car(Chevy cobalt), and I definitely don't want my phone speaker to be used.(and quite possibly blown due to how loud it plays through my phone speaker) Help please.

Ps. It only plays through my phones top speaker, not even my main bottom speaker. Very weird.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most likely it's the type of cable you're using. The phone either has a special pin-out for the AUX port or the cable is defective. The behavior you're experiencing is pretty common when the phone 'thinks' the cable you connected is for a headset but the pinout is incorrect or has a false contact, thus thinking you just plugged in either a headphone or, in your case, a microphone and is using the 'call' speaker to route audio. Have you tried it with a different cable and/or car/unit with AUX input (it may be the car unit, too, if the port is damaged or the cable doesn't really go all the way in)? Does it happen with headphones?

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trace05

Apr 27, 2023
Visit site
Most likely it's the type of cable you're using. The phone either has a special pin-out for the AUX port or the cable is defective. The behavior you're experiencing is pretty common when the phone 'thinks' the cable you connected is for a headset but the pinout is incorrect or has a false contact, thus thinking you just plugged in either a headphone or, in your case, a microphone and is using the 'call' speaker to route audio. Have you tried it with a different cable and/or car/unit with AUX input (it may be the car unit, too, if the port is damaged or the cable doesn't really go all the way in)? Does it happen with headphones?
Just tested it with earbuds and yes it plays through the earbuds and the top phone speaker, so my phone must be screwed up 😭

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure your headphone jack is completely clear of any debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, and a toothpick to root around for anything like lint. Then try plugging the aux cable in again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos