[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-

just to clarify, it wont make a differnce what build u are using?

No. I am on Pool Party 1.5 (mtd build) - and have EC09.. before that I had CommROM 2.1.. - same radio.. EC09.

Unless you are using something like a ROM based off of ?clair you should be able to use that radio.

Reactions: alope441

alope441

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

No. I am on Pool Party 1.5 (mtd build) - and have EC09.. before that I had CommROM 2.1.. - same radio.. EC09.

Unless you are using something like a ROM based off of ?clair you should be able to use that radio.

thanks i appreciate the quick responses as always... and i thought this phone was already done for... thank you once again...

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Since I'm a bit new to this, I have questions that I'll post, maybe someone will be kind enough to answer while I do my research. 1. Can I flash Pool Party over GeeWiz (froyo version)? Or do I need to go back to stock first? 2. Can I just flash Pool Party in recovery from my sd card, or should I use ODIN? 3. Do I need to flash each of the updates for Pool Party in succession (I see it is up to v1.5), or do I just flash the current one? Thanks!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Since I'm a bit new to this, I have questions that I'll post, maybe someone will be kind enough to answer while I do my research. 1. Can I flash Pool Party over GeeWiz (froyo version)? Or do I need to go back to stock first? 2. Can I just flash Pool Party in recovery from my sd card, or should I use ODIN? 3. Do I need to flash each of the updates for Pool Party in succession (I see it is up to v1.5), or do I just flash the current one? Thanks!

I will be happy to answer your questions:

1. You will need to Odin- ED05 stock first and follow the install instructions detailed - > here. During this process you will loose all your data and settings.. Pool Party install and set up takes about 30 minutes if you are comfortable with what you are doing.. longer if you are not.
2. The Pool Party ROM can only be flashed successfully in using the CWM set up for mtd builds (CM7).. there is a link on the thread provided above.
3. Pool Party 1.5 is a full ROM - no patches or updates required.

Pool Party is a great ROM.. must follow install instructions correctly when rolling over to a mtd ROM..

Reactions: lpt2569

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I will be happy to answer your questions:

1. You will need to Odin- ED05 stock first and follow the install instructions detailed - > here. During this process you will loose all your data and settings.. Pool Party install and set up takes about 30 minutes if you are comfortable with what you are doing.. longer if you are not.
2. The Pool Party ROM can only be flashed successfully in using the CWM set up for mtd builds (CM7).. there is a link on the thread provided above.
3. Pool Party 1.5 is a full ROM - no patches or updates required.

Pool Party is a great ROM.. must follow install instructions correctly when rolling over to a mtd ROM..

Cool, thanks! I took a quick look...if I understand the basics, I'll go back to stock, then load a vanilla GB build and other stuff, then they mention using ROM Manager at one point in the process to install whatever ROM I want that is available in ROM manager, including Pool Party...I was not aware we could use ROM Manager on the Fascinate.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Cool, thanks! I took a quick look...if I understand the basics, I'll go back to stock, then load a vanilla GB build and other stuff, then they mention using ROM Manager at one point in the process to install whatever ROM I want that is available in ROM manager, including Pool Party...I was not aware we could use ROM Manager on the Fascinate.

ROM Manager will only work for mtd builds (CM7, MIUI, Pool Party, etc.) - bad things will happen if you try to use it to download and flash ROMs other than those.

Reactions: lpt2569

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

ROM Manager will only work for mtd builds (CM7, MIUI, Pool Party, etc.) - bad things will happen if you try to use it to download and flash ROMs other than those.

Got it, thanks. I'll give this a shot over the weekend, I appreciate your help.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Pool Party install and set up takes about 30 minutes if you are comfortable with what you are doing.. longer if you are not...

So does this entire process take about 30 minutes, or just the ROM Manager portion of installing Pool Party? Just wanted to get a reference for time needed to get this done. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I'll figure it out. I have to work on not sounding so needy!

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Here is something new:
2.3 ROM..
EH09 Full Verizon ROM - nitsuj17
Fully Bloated and Binged... not rooted.. See link in dev name for downloads, and install instructions.

Running just the radio on Pool Party 1.6.. works good.

Rigor Mortis

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Hello. I installed MTD Vanilla Gingerbread v7 and I can't access Verizon backup assistant so I can restore my contacts. I did a titanium back up prior to the MTD Vanilla Gingerbread v7 installation, but I couldn't retrieve my contacts...please help.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Hello. I installed MTD Vanilla Gingerbread v7 and I can't access Verizon backup assistant so I can restore my contacts. I did a titanium back up prior to the MTD Vanilla Gingerbread v7 installation, but I couldn't retrieve my contacts...please help.

If you have sync'd your contacts with Google when you intitally set up your phone to sync contacts and gmail you should have contacts..

I know that CM7 and the other mtd based ROMs do have that capability but not via backup assistant.

There was also the option to export your contacts to your sd card - that is also an option?

Rigor Mortis

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Jaekar99, you guys really know your stuff...BTW, Happy Thanks Giving to everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rigor Mortis

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Hello. After installing MTD Vanilla GingerBread v8 I am having FC issues with gapps. I installed gapps update 2.3.5. Any ideas?

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Hello. After installing MTD Vanilla GingerBread v8 I am having FC issues with gapps. I installed gapps update 2.3.5. Any ideas?

I have not used VG but I know for the FC issues I have had on Pool Party it was related to not wiping data before flashing the ROM..

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

As some of you know Megaupload.com was closed due to the Department of Justice /FBI - I was using that site for storage of many boot animations and other icons resources..

Many links that were provided for the users on this side are now disabled.. For that I am sorry. :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty