[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Someone posted over at XDA that the su 2.3.6.1 + busybox 1.19 zip file also works for rooting EC09. And imnuts and navenedrob are both putting together debloated/deodexed/rooted ROMs

That is great news.. Have you found a version of su+bb that is edify scripted?

I saw a post where someone was using CWM red - my guess is 2.x.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
ED01 CommROM v2.1 (patch update) - nitsuj17 - Please see download link (developer name for install instructions. - Updated: 6/20/11
This ROM requires: Full data wipe, Dalvik wipe, cache wipe.. prior to install to avoid possible issues.
CommROM 2.1 Patch - No wipe needed. Must be flashed over CommROM 2.0

Warning: Flashing the patch will clear your theme.. it will also make it so that you cannot use any theme designed for CommROM 2.0..

Last edited:

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Newest Recoveries:
times_infinity
Voodoo CWM 3.x - *last updated 5.8 (version 3.0.2.8.x.ti)

jt1134
[RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for ALL ROMs *last updated 3/30 (version 2.5.1.x) - Append - - - Odin File -|| - zip File

gizmodroid
Erasing the CWM Confusion (reference for cwr issues) *last updated 4.8.11 (version 2.5.1.x updated)

tonu42
CWM3 with voodoo *last updated (version 3.x)

Superuser + Busybox zip file - apend flash only..

thats all fine n dandy,, but where is the file,, read thru the whole postings and not once was the directions noted to allow someone to get the file..

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
thats all fine n dandy,, but where is the file,, read thru the whole postings and not once was the directions noted to allow someone to get the file..

Which posting are you referring to? gizmodroid's post is reference only.. The other posts are on another forum where (downloading) requires a membership there.. Here are direct links to the files..

Voodoo CWM 3.x (zip) -|| - Odin - times_infinity

jt's 3/30 (version 2.5.1.x) - Append - - - Odin File -|| - zip File

CWM3 with voodoo (zip) - tonu42

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 6/26/

Updated Thread - New Boot Animations:
Fourth of July Android America Boot Animation – JaeKar99
Animated Preview || Download – Flash in any CWM

Android + Linux Boot Animation – JaeKar99

Purple Hazze Boot Animation – JaeKar99

Hyper Space Loading Boot Animation – JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 7/03/

Honey Bee (Honeycomb Boot Versions): (these boots are designed for a different device but have been formated to center on the fascinate)..

Honey Bee Blue Boot Animation - Android Shared
Animated Preview || Download - Flash in Any CWM

Honey Bee Green Boot Animation - Android Shared

Honey Bee Red Boot Animation - Android Shared

Happy Fourth of July!!! :cool:

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 7/05/

JaeKar, great job as always! Just an FYI, JT's CM7 build is now GB based, so it should be listed under 2.3 instead of 2.2. Thanks!

FasterN8

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 7/06/

Having trouble downloading a good copy of UKB2.0 with the pbj-50 kernel. The md5 code in the OP is saying that my downloads are bad.

I tried each of the first 5 links from the download page and all came up as 158,171 KB and all had a bad md5 check. Can anyone else verify this?

(Using "MD5 Check Utility v2.31" It validated all the other UKB files that I downloaded so far.)

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 7/06/

Having trouble downloading a good copy of UKB2.0 with the pbj-50 kernel. The md5 code in the OP is saying that my downloads are bad.

I tried each of the first 5 links from the download page and all came up as 158,171 KB and all had a bad md5 check. Can anyone else verify this?

(Using "MD5 Check Utility v2.31" It validated all the other UKB files that I downloaded so far.)

Is this your md5: 1092A4F02F668521D633670A80BA127C.. ?

I checked with the source and the first md5 was wrong.. The OP has been corrected the link is the same.

rbellis

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 7/12/

I am having some issues with the CM7. I downloaded the original and tried to update to the newest version but I am getting FC on youtube and cannot get titanium back up to work. It says my phone is not rooted. Auto Killer also seems to FC and none of my wifi tethers seem to work. Can someone please help me.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 7/12/

I am having some issues with the CM7. I downloaded the original and tried to update to the newest version but I am getting FC on youtube and cannot get titanium back up to work. It says my phone is not rooted. Auto Killer also seems to FC and none of my wifi tethers seem to work. Can someone please help me.

I am not familiar with CM7 and really not sure if many users here have taken the plunge into that build.. You may get more response if you post in the the Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks forum space with more visibility. I am afraid that your post may not be seen in this thread.

If you do not get help there - try posting on XDA

- or -

irc.freenode.net
#samsung-fascinate

mjszabo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 7/20/

I was wondering if there was a comparison chart between all the 2.3 (Gingerbread) based ROMs?
Maybe that included the stability of each one and any problems associated with them.
And also included the install process, since it seems like most of them have different install requirements.
Are there anymore that are in development? I know post #5 says MIUI v5, but is it gingerbread based?

Also, what are most people using (Cyanogen, OMFGB, etc.)?
Thanks!