[How To] First time ╰╮╰╮ROOTING╰╮╰╮ walk-through 4/28/11

playnwfire13

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Post 5 of that thread is what worked for me. Between landshark and sheepdogs advice, theres no way I could screw it up.

Thanks again guys!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ethlax18

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I was able to successfully root froyo using SuperOneClick v. 1.9.1. I had to run it twice, the first time failed, but it completed successfully the second time.

EDGeFastTrack

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Phone won't boot!

I posted yesterday (honestly can't remember which thread) that in the process of attempting to try a new ROM (though KB 1.3 was working great), I messed up, and ended up going back to my nandroid backup of my KB 1.3 setup. Seemed great at first except that I had no vibrate functionality at all, regardless of settings. Littlwing offered some good advice that today I attempted to follow, but was unable to establish a usb connection to my computer... again after going through all the setting adjustments typically prescribed on this forum. Frustrated, I booted to recovery, wiped everything, and attempted to flash KB by itself. Got a good install but on booting got the samsung logo for about 20 minutes. Gave up, wiped, and installed two different nandroid backups with same result. help! Will my phone ever boot again!

EDGeFastTrack

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Is that the part where I take the battery out? Tell me more. I have read quite a bit of this forum, but for all intents and purposes, total noob. Thanks Dog!

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Take out the battery, plug the phone in, and hold the volume down key until a big yellow triangle shows up. You'll need to download odin which is listed in one of the posts on the first page. If you run odin, and one of the boxs is yellow and shows a device attached you've got some hope.

EDGeFastTrack

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the yellow triangle on my phone but nothing in Odin. The computer says that it doesn't recognize the device I've attached. I used the USB ports in the back of the tower.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the yellow triangle on my phone but nothing in Odin. The computer says that it doesn't recognize the device I've attached. I used the USB ports in the back of the tower.

Are you using the factory USB cable? If not try it, also try it with the battery in, can produce different results. Also if you haven't installed the samsung drivers do so.

Littlewing posted a link to a package a page or so back that wipes the phone back to stock from CWM. I would try using that. (duh, i'm thinking of a totally different thread. Fail.)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1046377

Last edited:
Reactions: EDGeFastTrack

EDGeFastTrack

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I re-installed the Samsung Drivers and then searched my desk until I found a cable that worked. Oddly, my phone's cable is the one that's giving me trouble but the cable from my external hard drive made it happen!

I used odin to flash the DL09 Eclair package that Lttlwing suggested in a post for me and another one I saw. Now that I have flashed that can I simply boot? Rather gun-shy now.

EDGeFastTrack

May 1, 2011
Visit site
No worries! Just booted into stock Eclair (never thought I'd be so happy to see it). Thanks for everything, and if you're ever in PHX, I owe you a beer! Lttlwing too!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty