Can't boot after factory reset of custom ROM

markkitos

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a Fascinate - running SC 2.9.2
Activated a Droid X, factory reset the Fascinate, now all I see is "Samsung"

How do I get it back to factory conditions?? Have it sold to someone but leery of them knowing what SC is etc......

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a Fascinate - running SC 2.9.2
Activated a Droid X, factory reset the Fascinate, now all I see is "Samsung"

How do I get it back to factory conditions?? Have it sold to someone but leery of them knowing what SC is etc......

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think your supposed to ever factory reset a custom ROM.

If you want to go back to stock, as if you would get it out of the box, check DXC's page of going back to stock.

link-http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/53549-how-flash-full-package-dl09-stock-di01-via-odin.html

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know
I reset it and all I see is Samsung...can't even turn the phone off

Do you have ODIN installed on your computer?

If you do, take out the battery on the phone and follow the link I gave you in my first post to return to stock DL09.

It is going to be as if you just got a brand new fascinate out of the box so the guy your selling it too will not know you rooted it.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know
I reset it and all I see is Samsung...can't even turn the phone off

You're not paying attention to what pikante is telling you. It doesn't matter that your phone is not activated right now. The factory reset in your phone does not return you to a factory state. You have to follow DroidXcon's exact steps in the link pikante provided you with. You will need to download ODIN to your phone and flash the DL09 package through ODIN. That will be fine. Just read the directions in the thread pikante linked you to, everything is laid out step by step, and even includes screenshot visual aids

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa