Favorite CommROM Theme

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
SO as the title says what's your favorite theme for the Community Rom.

(I want to know because idk which theme to download)

I have two personal favorites, Crysis Revolution 3.0 from Thefunkbot and Black Alien v3.0 from Gunnermike53. There's a link to a thread you can search through all the available themes plus much more that JaeKar99 put together: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...t-animations-combined-resource-5-01-11-a.html

You will find tons of valuable things there, it's a great resource!

Gnomad

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Twenty minutes ago I would have said Black Alien from gunnermike, now he throws White Chrome out there so now it is a toss up!

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
There will always be the negative critics with nothing constructive to say. All the rest of us greatly appreciate what you have done for us, Mike, as the high activity rates in your theme threads show. Please disregard the nay sayer above, and accept the thanks of the rest of the fascinate community.

Courtesy of my fascinated little green robot using Tapatalk.

Reactions: gunnermike53

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
There will always be the negative critics with nothing constructive to say. All the rest of us greatly appreciate what you have done for us, Mike, as the high activity rates in your theme threads show. Please disregard the nay sayer above, and accept the thanks of the rest of the fascinate community.

Courtesy of my fascinated little green robot using Tapatalk.

+1 to that my friend! Very well put and as for the negative talk... this thread is suppose to be about favorite community rom themes.. let's not stray off topic please :)

Reactions: gunnermike53

tspderek

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
ok, then my favorite thus far is crysis. i'm itching for a nitro honeycomb theme release for commrom, though.

i also don't care for the base theme in commrom. i preferred superclean. i don't like green. sorry if that's inflammatory in some way. i didn't realize anyone would take a personal opinion about something that is clearly based on personal preference, in a personal preference thread, so damn seriously.

tspderek

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
My guess would be yes, you are the only one who doesn't like a single gunnermike theme. And since all of his themes thus far have been ports which look just like the originals you are saying the same thing about the work of the original themers too. And since gunnermike just started in theming you may want to consider cutting him a little slack. And you definitely could have used more tact in your critique of gunnermike's themes. A simple "gunnermike's themes just don't do it for me, I really prefer so-and-so's themes."

Unless you prefer to dazzle us with your own themes. Can we try some of yours? Theming is probably not the easiest thing to do which is why you don't see everyone doing it. Gunner spent a ton of time learning theming from the guys on IRC, and you are basically just discrediting all the time and effort he has put into it.

fair enough. i'm not so good with tact. i don't converse well with others because i don't really get the things people take offense to. personally i think gunnermike has done great stuff for the fascinate scene, especially that awesome battery thread which has inexplicably been cloned for no good reason. don't like the themes, but that doesn't mean i think he's wasted his time. i honestly am curious if i'm the only one, since they do turn me off.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I'm proud of the way this ended up being handled.. Landshark.. that was simply amazing of you! And tspderek, you're alright man, these things happen I respect that you worked it out like an adult. Let's try not to flood this thread with much more as it'd be nice to stay on topic. I know I'm guilty too, just saying.. lol.

tspderek

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
yeah, i think i'm just gonna go into silent running mode. apparently i'm more likely to put my foot in my mouth than not, particularly on a sunday night when i've had a few after too long a day. i'm not good at these emotion thingies people seem to have.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mike, you are going to have detractors and people who don't like your themes. That's just the way of the world. You're my bud, but this doesn't do anyone here any good. Best to walk away and let those who like your themes defend you by saying what they like about your themes.

i dont care that he doesnt like my themes. and you know im open to suggestions. and if i did just slap things together, then it would be no big deal. but i worked hard. it takes alot of hours to port a theme. i dont just make the status bar a different color, i try adn do as complete a port as i can. that means that i have to create several hundred icons per port as there is much in our phone that other phones dont have. but thanks for your support (not sarcasm).

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah, i think i'm just gonna go into silent running mode. apparently i'm more likely to put my foot in my mouth than not, particularly on a sunday night when i've had a few after too long a day. i'm not good at these emotion thingies people seem to have.

Hey, that's life man... I know all to well! But don't ever be afraid to post in the forums! We're all here to help and work together, this place is more like a family than I've ever seen anywhere else. And what family doesn't have scuffles from time to time?

dyslecksec

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll try and get the thread back on track...heh.

Right now my favorite CommROM theme is the Honeycomb/BlackAlien mashup. I really like it. In all honesty, BlackAlien and Nitro Honeycomb are the only two themes I enjoy the look and feel of enough to actively try out (so I'm waiting for Honeycomb for KangBang too).

Although, I do have a couple specific comments about BlackAlien for gunner, if you don't mind, and if you're even the right person to direct them to. The graphics for the buttons in the notification tray are...difficult. They're tiny little switches, they take a conscious effort for me to decipher rather than getting them at-a-glance-on-the-fly.

On the good side, the Swype keyboard for BlackAlien is extremely awesome, by far my favorite part (it's in the mashup too).

I also wanted to thank you for getting BlackAlien 3.0 out so soon after CommROM was released. It made the decision to swtich to that ROM very easy. =)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll try and get the thread back on track...heh.

Right now my favorite CommROM theme is the Honeycomb/BlackAlien mashup. I really like it. In all honesty, BlackAlien and Nitro Honeycomb are the only two themes I enjoy the look and feel of enough to actively try out (so I'm waiting for Honeycomb for KangBang too).

Although, I do have a couple specific comments about BlackAlien for gunner, if you don't mind, and if you're even the right person to direct them to. The graphics for the buttons in the notification tray are...difficult. They're tiny little switches, they take a conscious effort for me to decipher rather than getting them at-a-glance-on-the-fly.

On the good side, the Swype keyboard for BlackAlien is extremely awesome, by far my favorite part (it's in the mashup too).

I also wanted to thank you for getting BlackAlien 3.0 out so soon after CommROM was released. It made the decision to swtich to that ROM very easy. =)

i ported the theme, and am free to playaround and make changes as i see fit. i will look into the quick pannel icons. no promises, but i will see what i can do and still keep with jstines vision. give me more info. are you color blind and cant see if its on or off, or do you just have trouble with the size of the images, cant tell which on is which? do you want bigger icons or just an easier way to see if they are on or off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non