Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Eaglesrulez's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    ROM
    VanillaGB

    Default Favorite CommROM Theme

    SO as the title says what's your favorite theme for the Community Rom.

    (I want to know because idk which theme to download)
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesrulez View Post
    SO as the title says what's your favorite theme for the Community Rom.

    (I want to know because idk which theme to download)
    I have two personal favorites, Crysis Revolution 3.0 from Thefunkbot and Black Alien v3.0 from Gunnermike53. There's a link to a thread you can search through all the available themes plus much more that JaeKar99 put together: http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...5-01-11-a.html

    You will find tons of valuable things there, it's a great resource!
    ~FTG13
  3. #3  

    Default

    Im waiting for Nitros Nitrohoneycomb to come out for comm rom. Im pretty excited for it....
    Hit The "Thanks" button If I have helped you! It makes me
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    Im waiting for Nitros Nitrohoneycomb to come out for comm rom. Im pretty excited for it....
    +1 to that! Should be pretty good, Nitro's stuff has been pretty sweet thus far!
    ~FTG13
  5. #5  
    Sabban's Avatar

    Posts
    340 Posts
    ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheGhost13 View Post
    +1 to that! Should be pretty good, Nitro's stuff has been pretty sweet thus far!
    same here, cant wait for it to be updated for comm rom
  6. #6  
    jpprice's Avatar

    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

    Default

    Black Alien here. Awesome looking theme.
  7. #7  
    Gnomad's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

    Default

    Twenty minutes ago I would have said Black Alien from gunnermike, now he throws White Chrome out there so now it is a toss up!
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabban View Post
    same here, cant wait for it to be updated for comm rom
    Me too. Can't wait

    Sent by my money maker
  9. #9  
    jjcasillas15's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    Im waiting for Nitros Nitrohoneycomb to come out for comm rom. Im pretty excited for it....
    I can't wait for this one!

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  
    cordoni's Avatar

    Posts
    935 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    There will always be the negative critics with nothing constructive to say. All the rest of us greatly appreciate what you have done for us, Mike, as the high activity rates in your theme threads show. Please disregard the nay sayer above, and accept the thanks of the rest of the fascinate community.

    Courtesy of my fascinated little green robot using Tapatalk.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

    If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cordoni View Post
    There will always be the negative critics with nothing constructive to say. All the rest of us greatly appreciate what you have done for us, Mike, as the high activity rates in your theme threads show. Please disregard the nay sayer above, and accept the thanks of the rest of the fascinate community.

    Courtesy of my fascinated little green robot using Tapatalk.
    +1 to that my friend! Very well put and as for the negative talk... this thread is suppose to be about favorite community rom themes.. let's not stray off topic please
    ~FTG13
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  
    tspderek's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

    Default

    ok, then my favorite thus far is crysis. i'm itching for a nitro honeycomb theme release for commrom, though.

    i also don't care for the base theme in commrom. i preferred superclean. i don't like green. sorry if that's inflammatory in some way. i didn't realize anyone would take a personal opinion about something that is clearly based on personal preference, in a personal preference thread, so damn seriously.
  13. #13  
    tspderek's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    My guess would be yes, you are the only one who doesn't like a single gunnermike theme. And since all of his themes thus far have been ports which look just like the originals you are saying the same thing about the work of the original themers too. And since gunnermike just started in theming you may want to consider cutting him a little slack. And you definitely could have used more tact in your critique of gunnermike's themes. A simple "gunnermike's themes just don't do it for me, I really prefer so-and-so's themes."

    Unless you prefer to dazzle us with your own themes. Can we try some of yours? Theming is probably not the easiest thing to do which is why you don't see everyone doing it. Gunner spent a ton of time learning theming from the guys on IRC, and you are basically just discrediting all the time and effort he has put into it.
    fair enough. i'm not so good with tact. i don't converse well with others because i don't really get the things people take offense to. personally i think gunnermike has done great stuff for the fascinate scene, especially that awesome battery thread which has inexplicably been cloned for no good reason. don't like the themes, but that doesn't mean i think he's wasted his time. i honestly am curious if i'm the only one, since they do turn me off.
  14. #14  
    tspderek's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

    Default

    all fair points and i accept responsibility and offer my apologies.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Hey, I'm proud of the way this ended up being handled.. Landshark.. that was simply amazing of you! And tspderek, you're alright man, these things happen I respect that you worked it out like an adult. Let's try not to flood this thread with much more as it'd be nice to stay on topic. I know I'm guilty too, just saying.. lol.
    ~FTG13
  16. #16  
    tspderek's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

    Default

    yeah, i think i'm just gonna go into silent running mode. apparently i'm more likely to put my foot in my mouth than not, particularly on a sunday night when i've had a few after too long a day. i'm not good at these emotion thingies people seem to have.
  17. #17  
    gunnermike53's Avatar

    Posts
    3,195 Posts
    ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Mike, you are going to have detractors and people who don't like your themes. That's just the way of the world. You're my bud, but this doesn't do anyone here any good. Best to walk away and let those who like your themes defend you by saying what they like about your themes.
    i dont care that he doesnt like my themes. and you know im open to suggestions. and if i did just slap things together, then it would be no big deal. but i worked hard. it takes alot of hours to port a theme. i dont just make the status bar a different color, i try adn do as complete a port as i can. that means that i have to create several hundred icons per port as there is much in our phone that other phones dont have. but thanks for your support (not sarcasm).
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tspderek View Post
    yeah, i think i'm just gonna go into silent running mode. apparently i'm more likely to put my foot in my mouth than not, particularly on a sunday night when i've had a few after too long a day. i'm not good at these emotion thingies people seem to have.
    Hey, that's life man... I know all to well! But don't ever be afraid to post in the forums! We're all here to help and work together, this place is more like a family than I've ever seen anywhere else. And what family doesn't have scuffles from time to time?
    ~FTG13
  19. #19  
    dyslecksec's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    ROM
    KangBang v1.3

    Default

    I'll try and get the thread back on track...heh.

    Right now my favorite CommROM theme is the Honeycomb/BlackAlien mashup. I really like it. In all honesty, BlackAlien and Nitro Honeycomb are the only two themes I enjoy the look and feel of enough to actively try out (so I'm waiting for Honeycomb for KangBang too).

    Although, I do have a couple specific comments about BlackAlien for gunner, if you don't mind, and if you're even the right person to direct them to. The graphics for the buttons in the notification tray are...difficult. They're tiny little switches, they take a conscious effort for me to decipher rather than getting them at-a-glance-on-the-fly.

    On the good side, the Swype keyboard for BlackAlien is extremely awesome, by far my favorite part (it's in the mashup too).

    I also wanted to thank you for getting BlackAlien 3.0 out so soon after CommROM was released. It made the decision to swtich to that ROM very easy. =)
  20. #20  
    gunnermike53's Avatar

    Posts
    3,195 Posts
    ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dyslecksec View Post
    I'll try and get the thread back on track...heh.

    Right now my favorite CommROM theme is the Honeycomb/BlackAlien mashup. I really like it. In all honesty, BlackAlien and Nitro Honeycomb are the only two themes I enjoy the look and feel of enough to actively try out (so I'm waiting for Honeycomb for KangBang too).

    Although, I do have a couple specific comments about BlackAlien for gunner, if you don't mind, and if you're even the right person to direct them to. The graphics for the buttons in the notification tray are...difficult. They're tiny little switches, they take a conscious effort for me to decipher rather than getting them at-a-glance-on-the-fly.

    On the good side, the Swype keyboard for BlackAlien is extremely awesome, by far my favorite part (it's in the mashup too).

    I also wanted to thank you for getting BlackAlien 3.0 out so soon after CommROM was released. It made the decision to swtich to that ROM very easy. =)
    i ported the theme, and am free to playaround and make changes as i see fit. i will look into the quick pannel icons. no promises, but i will see what i can do and still keep with jstines vision. give me more info. are you color blind and cant see if its on or off, or do you just have trouble with the size of the images, cant tell which on is which? do you want bigger icons or just an easier way to see if they are on or off?
  21. #21  
    dyslecksec's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    ROM
    KangBang v1.3

    Default

    I can see the colors fine, and technically I can tell whether they're on or off. However, the portion of the icon that actually indicates their status is very small, only a few pixels. Whereas in most(many) themes nearly the entire icon will dim or brighten to indicate their status. It's a matter of ease-of-use rather than a question of whether I can or can't.

    Frankly, it's a pretty minor issue. I'm not even really asking you to change them (though I wouldn't complain if you did), but I thought it worth mentioning so you could keep it in mind for your future themes.
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  
    papa54's Avatar

    Posts
    592 Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tspderek View Post
    am i the only one who doesn't like a single gunnermike theme? honestly i just think they look terrible. like something you'd have seen on windows CE or winamp back in the early theming days. there's no refinement there at all, just a bunch of stuff slapped together.
    his stuff appeals to some while we wait for theme for community Rom there are others to rty out.. i will not talk badly about anyones theme ,,theres a lot of work in making them or else we'd all be making them.. so run on gunnersmike.. we await anything and everything you may make..
  23. #23  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,921 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Alright this thread has been cleaned and infractions have been handed out.

    A word of advice to everyone, though. If you don't like what someone posted and it bothers you to the point where you're going to post something inflamatory/insulting/against forum rules please don't. Just read the post and move on.

    Also if someone sees something that takes a thread off topic from the OP please use the report post button so that the mod time can be alerted, respond if necessary, and keep an eye on the thread.

    This is also a PUBLIC forum. For the most part anybody can post there thoughts on a thread providing it doesn't violate any forum rules. If a post is questionable please report it so that we (the mod team) can take a look at it and determine if any action needs to be taken.

    Many forum rules were violated here. This thread can now continue as long as it stays on topic.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  24. #24  

    Default

    This is a touch off topic, but has anyone heard when nitro honeycomb is coming out for commrom? That seems like a really nice theme. I like the gingerbread based themes quite a bit, but have always been a blue fan more than green.
  25. #25  

    Default

    I hope soon, or at least give us an ETA....im getting impatient
    Hit The "Thanks" button If I have helped you! It makes me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B