Impressive, but somehow i screwed it up

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay... I am working on the theory everything is fixable...and hoping someone can help me fix this. I have the Facinate, and am running PeanutButta Jelly Time Voodoo, with Adry's community rom... was going to reflash today to a new rom, or theme and well...i can't get my phone to acknowledge my PC and vice versa. Keeps showing up on the PC as unknown device. Tried installing the drivers, no avail. The phone charges, but won't try to mount or anything. Some help/insite would be appreciated. I am currently downloading the ED01 debloat/root flash and hoping that fixes it. If not anyone have some suggestions?

TY

dark96

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have had this problem, and what I had to do was either reboot my computer, try a fastener usb port on my computer, our a different usb cable. It was then able to pick it back up. If that doesn't help try setting the usb connection from mass storage to ask first. Had that fix it one fine too. If all else fails, take out the micro sd card and put whatever rom/theme on and flash it and see if that helps

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Tried all of that. Ended up calling VZW and they are sending me out a new one. So now my only problem is hunting down a completely stock rom and kernal that I can flash to get rid of the super user..... anyone got one?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but the problem is my PC still won't reconize the device even in download mode.No Download Mode=No Odin ability No machine will. I am just going to have to send it back to them with SuperUser installed... no way to remove it without a zip update stock file....

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay... I am working on the theory everything is fixable...and hoping someone can help me fix this. I have the Facinate, and am running PeanutButta Jelly Time Voodoo, with Adry's community rom... was going to reflash today to a new rom, or theme and well...i can't get my phone to acknowledge my PC and vice versa. Keeps showing up on the PC as unknown device. Tried installing the drivers, no avail. The phone charges, but won't try to mount or anything. Some help/insite would be appreciated. I am currently downloading the ED01 debloat/root flash and hoping that fixes it. If not anyone have some suggestions?

TY

This has apparently been an issue with the 05/23 PBJ kernel, but has been fixed in his newest 05/31 kernels. Flashing a different kernel seems to do the trick for most. Also try rebooting the phone while usb debugging is on and phone is connected to pc with usb cable.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried that. Installed his 5/31 kernal but still unable to get the PC to reconize it, or it to acknowledge it is connected. Funny thing is it use to acknowledge all the time....

Still searching for stock zip kernal and rom if you by chance know where i can get one.... just want to get the phone back to stock for when i send it to verizon tomorrow.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about the kernel link, I linked that up from the barber shop on my phone..:/

Not to be redundant, I know your probably savvy with this stuff, and sorry if you tried this, just trying to clarify,

but you've done the following with no success..

pull the battery
open ODIN
plug the phone into the pc via usb
hold the down volume key to boot to download mode and confirm in ODIN your connected

once again, sorry not trying to step on your toes, just want to fully understand your problem.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
No problem and yep did run through all that. THe phone does go into Download mode...but the PC does not reconize it. I am trying to update.zip method.....just in case i get lucky. But yeah i am getting no PC reconizability...which sucks

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
When i try the update.zip i get
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device")== "SCH-I500" || getprop("ro.build.product")=="SCH-I500"
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the current Samsung drivers installed on the pc ? Reinstall the drivers and try Odin again.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Try flashing a different kernel. There is a driver hidden in the kernel somewhere that crashed my computer like crazy, and still does. It's conflicting with my display driver or a video codec somewhere.

You can flash a different kernel through CWM. It's bizarre that none of the modes will connect to the computer. Usually at least one will give you something even if it's total gibberish.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Try flashing a different kernel. There is a driver hidden in the kernel somewhere that crashed my computer like crazy, and still does. It's conflicting with my display driver or a video codec somewhere.

You can flash a different kernel through CWM. It's bizarre that none of the modes will connect to the computer. Usually at least one will give you something even if it's total gibberish.

I did try flashing a few different kernals, along with some roms. Alas no avail so i am trying to rebuild the phone from the ground up to bring back all the verizon bloaty goodness so they won't charge me 300 when they get the phone back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty