The vanishing Icons

Bittrblue

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok I posted this earlier in the new UC thread but no bites. I also proceeded to search and go through 119 pages of the first thread and found only one person who described a problem like mine and no one responded to him. So I am sorry if I missed it but I did try.
Community Rom:
I flashed this yesterday. Seems zippier than SC, but I am having the same problem. I open 2 apps, suddenly all the icons on my main screens vanishe. takes about a minute for them to return. I can go to my apps menu and it shows the scrolling apps but those are frozen too. This was the reason I wanted to try this new ROM as SC was doing the same thing. Any one run in to this before?
edit: Sorry forgot to say yes I performed a full data wipe, cache and dalvik cache, and updated cwm. This is only my second flash but I follwed the instructions to a "T". Interstingly enough it started doing this BEFORE I restored any of my programs. Right from first boot up it began happening so I know it isnt anythign I have installed
I haven't tried posting that logcat thing I'm learning about as right now I am just trying to find out if it is a known issue. There have been issues but after half that thread I have seen nothing similar. Has anyone heard about or seen somethign like this before? Thanks for your time.
-Bittrblue

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
What launcher are you using? Third party launchers do not tend to stay in memory, and may be closed to free the memory when needed. This may ne your issue.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Bittrblue

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I am using the launcher that the community mod came with. I am not running anything else on it at the time. And being new to this I didn't have a custom launcher before.

Bittrblue

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
i have not touched the voltage icon yet as I wanted to fix this issue before I created more. seriously I just flashed the com rom, and left everything the way it set it up. Though I have found if I use the taskmanager and kill the launcher it produces the same effect, so I wonder if somethign could be killing or bogging down the launcher in some way.

stlrampage

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Do a factory restore/cach clear BEFORE flashing Com Rom NOT after.

I also saw the instructions about clearing AFTER flashing Com Rom to fix GPS but when I did the clear AFTER flashing a bunch of my icons dissapeared.

BTW, With clearing before Com Rom my GPS works perfectly.

When in doubt, relfash Com Rom and start over. (Usually fixes my problems.)

Bittrblue

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I did clear everything before flashing the rom. Followed the instructions exactly. INterestingly enough whe I get up this morning my battery is only at 95 after charging all night....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I did clear everything before flashing the rom. Followed the instructions exactly. INterestingly enough whe I get up this morning my battery is only at 95 after charging all night....

Can't speak about the Icon issue, but the battery will adjust after a few days.

The method most say works well is fill the battery, drain the battery all the way, then fill the battery again to get the thing to calibrate correctly. One day will not get it to "settle"

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Our batteries have a circuit in them that prevents overcharging. When you leave the phone on the charger, it charges to 100%, then the circuit cuts off the charge and lets the phone slowly discharge to around 95%, then accepts the charge till the battery recharge to 100%, cuts off and drains to 95%, lather, rinse, repeat. It keeps cycling like this until you pull the charger. You can sit there and watch the phone like a hawk to pull the charger when it gets to 100%, or you can be ok with the fact that when you pull the phone off the charger it will never be below 95%, and that 5% difference shouldn't be a make it or break it on whether you phone makes it through an entire day.

Also the proper procedure for charging the battery to full for wiping battery stats is charge to 100% while phone is on, turn phone off but leave charger attached, charge to 100% while off, turn phone on with charger still attached, charge to 100%. I prefer to wipe batt stats and fix permissions through terminal emulator instead of CWM because you don't have to boot phone to CWM to do it, just download Android terminal emulator from the market. After this third charge to 100%, open T.E., you will see a prompt next to a $, type su and hit the enter key on your keyboard. T.E. will be given superuser access. Hit the menu soft key and choose toggle keyboard. At the top of the screen you will now see a #, type bstats next to that and hit the enter key. Phone will reboot after a few seconds. Unplug phone and use normally or more than normal to drain battery down to about 5% uninterrupted, then charge uninterrupted to 100% while phone is on. Use as normal, and you won't see any difference for about 3 charge cycles after that.

Bittrblue

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
sounds like the battery thing isn't a big deal. I was just concerned as I am having other issues with the phone and was unsure if they were linked. Thank you for the battery lesson tho I did not know that is how they work. Too bad no one has seen the icon issue before.