Verizon offer FREE INC2 or X2

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
well, i get my x2 on monday 8/1 and i'm in panic mode to unroot my fascinate before i send it back...i am afraid they will charge me full price if i send them a rooted phone...anyone know which of the posts in this jungle of words has the easiest unroot process available?

have you even looked at the stickies?? they are on the VERY TOP of the forum page.... can't get much easier to find in this "jungle" of a forum...

Reactions: iluvmay

iluvmay

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks and done...did it as i sos'd here...so many forums so many posts... easier than i thought...2 minutes 34 seconds total time to unroot...not including the download of odin and the dlo9...

TheANARCHY

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone able to get the offer post ED05? Specifically for the Charge?
Call VZW support & ask for lvl 2. I went thru a little work with them yesterday & today (having no clue about the problems with the phone since I had been rooted for soooo long) & the tech from just an hr or so ago is sending me a Charge.

He told me the policy remains in effect until they have every fascinate owner satisfied with new software of a new device. So obviously whatever went wrong with the Fascinate they are well aware of it and are taking big steps to remedy it. Which is a good thing.

wgilles

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Call VZW support & ask for lvl 2. I went thru a little work with them yesterday & today (having no clue about the problems with the phone since I had been rooted for soooo long) & the tech from just an hr or so ago is sending me a Charge.

He told me the policy remains in effect until they have every fascinate owner satisfied with new software of a new device. So obviously whatever went wrong with the Fascinate they are well aware of it and are taking big steps to remedy it. Which is a good thing.

Dang,

I've tried calling twice and they don't seem to want to send me a new phone. They just tell me that the update on the 1st is supposed to fix this issue.

therent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to tier 2 support this morning as well. No device replacement for me either, since the software update is available.

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to tier 2 support this morning as well. No device replacement for me either, since the software update is available.

same here, sucks. they did offer to let me do an early every 2 year upgrade to any phone i want. which i may take up once the fascinate 2 comes out

drbg781

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just called today and told them that my Fascinate was acting up, told them I had already went to the Verizon store, they did the factory re-set and update (which they actually did for my mom), they said at the store if it doesn't work then we were supposed to call Verizon. My Fassy seemed to be on of the good ones and has only got better since ED05, they don't know that though. My mom's device however seems to be one of the bad ones. They said they would test both of them in the factory to see, but I doubt it since it is an admitted problem by Samsung and Verizon. Either way, I was offered the X2, Inc2 or Charge. Sounds like you'll be out of a phone for a couple days if you go with the Charge...something about getting your Fassy and then they activate the Charge and send it to you. I didn't really want to wait, we don't have 4G here anyway and I get an upgrade in June of 2012 still (according to the Verizon guy)...so I went with the Inc2. I didn't even have to try to get them to do it for me...it was almost like they didn't even want to hear my story and rather just send me what I wanted. This all happened on my lunch today 8/29/11...11AM MST (if you care, ha!). I specifically told them that I have seen it reported on their message board and on Samsung's (I didn't actually check Samsung or know if it exists) which immediately stopped the rep in their tracks and started talking about the three (3) choices I was offered.

Hope everyone who wants a new phone gets one...honestly, we should take advantage of Verizon when stuff like this happens...wait, maybe this is why they keep raising rates...meh.

Michors.IV

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I ended up calling verizon again, and was told that if I didn't like the DX, I could call back and exchange it for something else. i had them make a note on my account as well. Wish me luck, lol.

well, seems like this stupidly long saga for me is coming to an end, they sent me a refurbished DX, and (thankfully) the screen had some minor damage. i was able to talk to a guy who supervises lvl 2 tech support/warranty replacements, explained to him all the issues i had with the fascinate not receiving calls, and now my replacement having a messed-up screen and they are now sending me a refurbished Dinc2 by the second!

:D

fassy100

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody help me please ive called my local verizon store n they told me they dont have that policy my family owns 4 fassys and neither work we called technical support but all they said the policy was no longer available and today they said you had to have 5 replacments to get another phone all thwy offerrd was a replacment fassy somebody help plz?

drbg781

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody help me please ive called my local verizon store n they told me they dont have that policy my family owns 4 fassys and neither work we called technical support but all they said the policy was no longer available and today they said you had to have 5 replacments to get another phone all thwy offerrd was a replacment fassy somebody help plz?

I would say keep calling their 800 number until you get a rep that is sympathetic to you situation. I would just keep telling them that the ED05 release still didn't fix your phone.

I'm shocked that I had zero issue today and had all 3 phones offered to me free of charge.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you go to a store? If so try a different store. If you called Verizon, go to a corporate store and plead your case.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

fassy100

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
No i havebt gone to a store because the people are awfully rude and i dont have any proof of the policy wen they ask n theyll just wana reset it

minicoop69

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I called this morning after i did the update. Although i didn't know of the problems,i convinced them that my phone was bad and they gave me the option of the x2, dinc2, or charge. I wanted the charge, but no one could order me one. The store couldn't and tech couldn't as well. I do not know why, but i went with the dinc2. They said that they were all out of standard batteries, so they are giving me the extended battery with the new phone.

fassy100

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I called this morning after i did the update. Although i didn't know of the problems,i convinced them that my phone was bad and they gave me the option of the x2, dinc2, or charge. I wanted the charge, but no one could order me one. The store couldn't and tech couldn't as well. I do not know why, but i went with the dinc2. They said that they were all out of standard batteries, so they are giving me the extended battery with the new phone.

Is there aomething specific you said because ive calles to the Spanish technical support should i try in english?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38