Phone randomly making calls & freezing

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a problem in the past few weeks -- since ED05 -- that my phone is calling people without any input from me. I'm certain I'm not pocket dialing or hitting some button accidentally, since it has happened twice when the phone was in the stand or car mount and I hadn't touched it in more than 20 minutes.

I've also been getting missed calls (was never a problem before) and tons of force closes. It's getting so bad sometimes that I can't turn the phone off unless I pull the battery.

No new apps or changes that would explain this.

Any thoughts/advice before I go scream at Verizon?

cgaines2101

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Been having the exact same issues. Also, certain apps just start operating on their own. Like the stock music player. Phone on the counter for hours with no activity, and I pick it up and hte mus player is up and running. This just adds to the frustration. Haven't done a factory reset but thinking about it and if that does not resolve any issues then I want to know if others( that are rooted ) are actually getting to enjoy their phone? If so, what are you using?

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup, the mysteriously launching programs thing is happening to me, too. Music player, Dropbox, and the clock start up for no reason.

I haven't tried a factory reset yet. I'm trying to decide between raising hell at Verizon or flashing a new ROM. (Don't know which I'd use, though.)

Tallas

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
You think those are bad, try screenshots of the home screen, apps randomly closing, The phone vibrating like I am using softkeys when I am not.. And this all happened after I installed the 2.2.3 update when I got my phone back in May.. Anyone else have any of these problems?:( :'(

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You think those are bad, try screenshots of the home screen, apps randomly closing, The phone vibrating like I am using softkeys when I am not.. And this all happened after I installed the 2.2.3 update when I got my phone back in May.. Anyone else have any of these problems?:( :'(

Yep, I'm having the same issues. I'm on my second Fascinate. The screenshots/unable to shut down when pressing the power button issue is the most frustrating for me. Multiple battery pulls per day (had the same issue with previous fascinate) is driving me nuts.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just flash A rom. Comm rom is stable ed05 power washed is nice. Evil fascination is also nice. Flashing a new Rom is easier then complaining to verizon. They don't care unless your contact is renewing. This is just my own personal experience with vzw.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just flash A rom. Comm rom is stable ed05 power washed is nice. Evil fascination is also nice. Flashing a new Rom is easier then complaining to verizon. They don't care unless your contact is renewing. This is just my own personal experience with vzw.

I hear ya, and I will most likely do so soon. Thanks. And I agree, VZW could not care less about any of this. I think they have pretty much washed their hands of the Fascinate at this point anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress