Superclean 2.9 switch?

JHLNewYork

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been on rooted on Superclean 2.9 using launcherpro since before the froyo release. I am not a power user of my phone...but I am now wondering if I should upgrade either back to stock and load froyo or if I should upgrade to 2.9 whatever is the latest version. What is the opinion of this forum to do this (what will I gain doing so) and/or will my upgrade have minimal impact on my phone performance.

I mainly use the phone for email reading, minimal surfing, fun camera apps (and connect via wifi a lot).

Thanks.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been on rooted on Superclean 2.9 using launcherpro since before the froyo release. I am not a power user of my phone...but I am now wondering if I should upgrade either back to stock and load froyo or if I should upgrade to 2.9 whatever is the latest version. What is the opinion of this forum to do this (what will I gain doing so) and/or will my upgrade have minimal impact on my phone performance.

I mainly use the phone for email reading, minimal surfing, fun camera apps (and connect via wifi a lot).

Thanks.

You have several options that should suit your needs just fine. Below are links to some Froyo and Gingerbread ROMs. If you liked Superclean, you may be best off going with Community ROM (Comm ROM), as it was the ROM that replaced Superclean. If you want to step up to Gingerbread, there are a few that are widely used and you will find lots of help and support from the community for those:

FROYO
Comm ROM
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ly-memory-2-1-ukb-tsm-updated-06-20-11-a.html

GeeWiz
[ROM][KERNEL][09.28.2011] GeeWiz 1.1.1 ED05 TouchWiz Debloated - xda-developers

PowerWashed
[ROM-8/16][KERNEL-8/23][ED05] PowerWashed ED05 ROM [v1.2] - xda-developers

GINGERBREAD
PowerWashed
[ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM - xda-developers

TSM Resurrection
[Rom]{9.23.11}[EH09] TSM Resurrection 0.1 *initial release - xda-developers

For what you use your phone for, I have left out the AOSP ROMs. I think the above listed ones are best suited to your needs. If you decide you want to try an AOSP ROM, let me know and I can give you your options for that too.

JHLNewYork

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Landshark. I looked into the threads. But really I am just completely confused...you see, I only rooted because my phone was not mounting to my Mac (and I am Mac based) and I got tired of waiting around for Froyo. Rooting to Superclean solved that problem.

But now I am wondering if I should upgrade to another ROM or go to stock. I really am not into overclocking and tricking out my phone. I just want it to work smoothly with my Mac, listen to music, and be able to get my email. On the last item, I'd say that one of the big drawbacks of the phone is that it seems I have to use two different apps to get my email--K9 for mobile me and android's email for outlook exchange (my work based email accounts). Would be neat if I could have one unified email box.

But I digress, I guess I really need to know WHAT these ROMS would do or how they would be different for me to change. I love technology but only when things work simply and smoothly.

lbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Go to gingerbread pwgb room. The most stable rom I have ever had. It is stock gingerbread, rooted, debloated and debinged.

I am getting amazing battery life. Everything just works in this rom. I went from superclean to comrom to now pwgb. Never been happier.

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Go to gingerbread pwgb room. The most stable rom I have ever had. It is stock gingerbread, rooted, debloated and debinged.

I am getting amazing battery life. Everything just works in this rom. I went from superclean to comrom to now pwgb. Never been happier.

Any problems with PWGB frying the SD card? I'm in the same boat... still rockin' SC 2.9.2 and I'm wanting to move on to Gingerbread. I've been waiting for an official release, and then roms to be cooked off of that... but I'm tired of waiting.

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
As long as the gingerbread ROM is based off EH09 your SD card should be fine. It's EC09 that's the problem. If my memories correct the PWGB ROM is based off EH09

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

lbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You are correct, this rom has no sd card issues since is based off eh09. Odin with no fear my friend.

As long as the gingerbread ROM is based off EH09 your SD card should be fine. It's EC09 that's the problem. If my memories correct the PWGB ROM is based off EH09

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

smgibbs

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

I am in the same boat and I am interested in the gingerbread pwgb. My problem is that since I have loaded that I have A)not made any other changes, and B) replaced my computer, so I dont remember how to flash, and dont have any of the required hardware on my computer (odin exc....) is there a link to where I can get instructions for all of this?

edit: I think the answer might be in landsharks sig... sorry about that

Last edited:

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had PWGB on an old Fascinate I had for a couple of days just checking it and it has run really well. It is much faster than the stock phone.