Hands on Review of the Fascinate

geocomp

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The author states that they are using the phone unactivated. Seems like an unfair comparison to say the battery on the Galaxy S is out lasting the Droid X.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I was impressed by the fact that the Live wallpaper didnt slow the phone down to a pulp how it does on my DInc. This may just be the phone Im truely looking for. Seems very snappy. Little bit bigger, better looking and itll be a nice change of UI with the touch wiz stuff. HTC is rather bland and every device looks identical while it is nice, I just need something different.

tdrus1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
i can't figure out why the quadrant score is so much lower than a DX. The fascinate should be an all around faster phone.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The dx has fast io times in quadrant. You can get the same by doing the lag fix on a sgs
Some say its not weighted right but io means much more than processor. Im now disappointed that this phone has been gimped by vzw with ram and memory

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
also the guy says Bing is the default search engine and can not be changed.

Wow, this device will get rooted very quickly and hopefully a rom. Need Google as the default search.

sprke81

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
also the guy says Bing is the default search engine and can not be changed.

Wow, this device will get rooted very quickly and hopefully a rom. Need Google as the default search.

You can still download Google search and use the widget. Your talking bout the hardware button right?

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I know everyone is complaining about the memory but how does it compare to the D1? This phone is better than my D1 running 2.2 at 1 ghz right ;)

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
If it can't be changed from bing without root I'll be hugely disappointed. Even if bing was a good search engine I would feel like I was a member of the rebel alliance applying to be a storm trooper to earn money on the side.

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I was looking on the android.com site last nite and saw on the market tab a google search app. Can anyone with an android phone confirm this thru the market app?

travelingfool

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
They may block the Google Search app from the Market for the Fascinate only. Just because we can see it in the Market doesn't mean the Fascinate will be able to see it. Another question I have that I haven't seen answered is if Google Navigate will be downloadable, or if it will be stuck with VZW Navigator. That would be a deal breaker for sure.

If these limitations can be circumvented by rooting, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Edit: nevermind about Google Navigate. I didn't realize that it was integrated into Google Maps. It's not a part of Google Maps for Blackberry, so I assumed that the Android app would be the same.

Last edited: