Launcher Pro How-To Help

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I finally got a smart phone. And I have no idea how to use it. I even downloaded the user manual from samsung. I've been learning a lot on this forum and have decided to get launcher pro. I need some help setting it up. Can someone please give me step-by-step instructions on how best to do this on a brand new Fascinate PLEASE?

Should i download launcher pro first and then homeswitcher? Should i clear and force stop twlauncher? Do I need to delete the stock widgets before I download LP? Where do I find a clock for my main page? What's the best way to purchase LP - by first dling the free version or just purchasing pro plus?

Also, is it possible to see which widgets are running or am I only able to see which apps are currently running?

Thanks so much! This is all so overwhelming!

kvaughan#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
You don't need homeswitcher just clear defaults of TwLauncer and hit home and you can choose Launcher Pro. It's recommended to clear the widgets off your TouchWiz screens just to prevent and problems. To purchase the Plus version you'll have to have the free version installed first.

Syntaxx

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm a bit of a noob, but I've actually been doing what you're asking about, so I think I can answer this. On touchwiz, apps are just the icons on your screen. The widgets are things like daily breefing, the weather clock, the buddies widget thing, etc. Widgets are big and usually display info. The "apps" you mention are just shortcuts on your screens that link to the programs. As far as I know, you dont need to clear all of the icons off of touchwiz to avoid conflicts/resource useage issues.

*Edit. I just bought LP tonight and it's very nice. All animations are very smooth, which is great because some of the laggy jerkyness in TW was starting to bug me. Also, the widgets you get access to in the full version of LP are pretty nice. Well worth three bucks.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Kvaughan! How do I clear the widgets off my touchwiz screens? How can I tell the difference between widgets and apps on the main screens?

Ok so first thing. To delete something off your home screen long press it and drag it to the garbage can.

On your main screen apps are given icons called shortcuts. Widgets are apps in small form which give you access to them from your homescreen. Take a look at the diagram for a better understanding.

picsay-1284797360.jpg

Hope this helps

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Should i download launcher pro first and then homeswitcher? Should i clear and force stop twlauncher? Do I need to delete the stock widgets before I download LP? Where do I find a clock for my main page? What's the best way to purchase LP - by first dling the free version or just purchasing pro plus? Also, is it possible to see which widgets are running or am I only able to see which apps are currently running?

Welcome, New Droid User.

1.) Before installing LauncherPro, press down on each TW widget/shortcut, on all 7 homescreens, and drag them to the trash.
2.) Download and install LauncherPro. Once installed it will automatically become you're default launcher. There is no need to use Home Switcher.
3.) Watch this.
4.) Download and install AppBrain. Use AppBrain to search the Market, instead of the stock Market app. Once installed, search for "Clock". You'll have many (clocks are downloaded and installed as widgets) to choose from; pick your favorite.
5.) A Widget is running if it is on one of your homescreens.
6.) If you think you will be switching between different launchers, watch this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89