A Few Issues! Beautiful Widgets, etc.

GeoffTK

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
First, let me say I have come from a Storm2, and I love this phone. Maybe its just the fact that you can do so much with the android OS, or the beautiful screen. Either way, this phone is wonderful.

I have had the phone only a few days, but have put beautiful Widgets and LP on the phone, and it looks great. My first issue is this:
I set the Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper as my wallpaper and all is well. Once the screen shuts off (inactive for 1 minutes) and I unlock the screen, the live wallpaper had disappeared. Sometimes it just goes to a black wallpaper, and other times it goes back to the ocean wallpaper that the phone starts on by default. What can I do to stop this? Thanks!

Secondly, I can not figure out how to set specific ringtones for specific contacts if the contact is a contact from my gmail account. If it is a contact I personally add into my phone, then there is no problem, but if it is one of the numbers I got from syncing my phone with my gmail account, then there is no luck. Any ideas?

Lastly, my issue is w/ rooting.
I was able to connect my phone and root it with the one click method. I then went ahead and tried to do the same with my sisters phone (Fascinate as well) and I am not able to get it to work. Nothing has changed that I know of, so I was a bit confused why it wasn't working, and I caught a screenshot of the error. I will attach it below. Thanks Guys!!

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
First, let me say I have come from a Storm2, and I love this phone. Maybe its just the fact that you can do so much with the android OS, or the beautiful screen. Either way, this phone is wonderful.

Agreed

I have had the phone only a few days, but have put beautiful Widgets and LP on the phone, and it looks great. My first issue is this:
I set the Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper as my wallpaper and all is well. Once the screen shuts off (inactive for 1 minutes) and I unlock the screen, the live wallpaper had disappeared. Sometimes it just goes to a black wallpaper, and other times it goes back to the ocean wallpaper that the phone starts on by default. What can I do to stop this? Thanks!

For this, I'm not quite sure what to suggest. I stopped using live wallpaper about a week ago, just due to people saying that it too can eat up valuable battery life. and, the ones that I found just didn't provide the look to my phone that I normally prefer.

Which Live wallpaper are you talking about? The Beautiful Weather one? ... Are you setting it via the official "Menu->Wallpaper->Live Wallpapers" method? or setting is some other way?
You can set the Beautiful Live Weather from this official path, and... since it's the official phone wallpaper at that point.. it should still show up when you unlock the phone.

Secondly, I can not figure out how to set specific ringtones for specific contacts if the contact is a contact from my gmail account. If it is a contact I personally add into my phone, then there is no problem, but if it is one of the numbers I got from syncing my phone with my gmail account, then there is no luck. Any ideas?

You've answered your own question.. The phone does not currently support direct-setting of Contact Ringtones for a contact which is only listed as GMail contact. As a cheap work-around, you can create a phone-contact with the same name (you don't have to specify any numbers, just first/last name) the phone should auto-link it to your GMail contact. Then you can assign ringtone to this user (have to specifically choose the "Phone" tab when editing the contact).

Let's pray that this is on the list of things to be addressed with 2.2 update.

Lastly, my issue is w/ rooting.
I was able to connect my phone and root it with the one click method. I then went ahead and tried to do the same with my sisters phone (Fascinate as well) and I am not able to get it to work. Nothing has changed that I know of, so I was a bit confused why it wasn't working, and I caught a screenshot of the error. I will attach it below. Thanks Guys!!

The error says that it's unable to find the "find" command. I just downloaded the latest "FascinateRoot_v2.zip" from the ROMs/Hacks sub-forum, and from where your error is occurring.. it's having a problem in the "PMSLEEP.bat" file..

Might be best to read through the How to Root thread and see if anyone else is reporting this.. then, if not, post the question there.

GeoffTK

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed response.

Yes, I am talking about the Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper. And Yes I am setting it the way you suggested, Menu->Wallpaper->Beautiful Widgets Live wallpaper.
Then once it locks, somehow the wallpaper changes back to the original wallpaper that the phone first came with.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed response.

Yes, I am talking about the Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper. And Yes I am setting it the way you suggested, Menu->Wallpaper->Beautiful Widgets Live wallpaper.
Then once it locks, somehow the wallpaper changes back to the original wallpaper that the phone first came with.

Is there a task manager besides the once Samsung included on your phone?

GeoffTK

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe..., I downloaded Super Manager to help deal with the Rooting and getting Google stuff and it looks like it comes with a program called Super Launcher. Is this the same as a task manager? If not then no, that is the only thing that I could possibly consider a task manager.

Thanks

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
According to the app description:

WARNING!!
It is a professional and powerful system application. If you are an android newbie, DO NOT install it.

The default locker password is 0000. The best System Manger for Android.

The following function:
Root File Manager, Auto Task Killer, Task Manager, Root Backup and Restore,ROOT Explorer

I would uninstall that app and see if your problem goes away.

Martian

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like TWLauncher (TouchWiz) still have the original ocean live wallpaper set. Even when running LauncherPro, TWLauncher still runs in the background. That is why it is HIGHLY recommended to remove all widgets, icons, wallperpers, etc. from Touchwiz prior to switching your launcher to LauncherPro. I believe this is why the Ocean scene is appearing. Of course that doesn't necessarily explain why the Beautiful Widgets Live wallpaper is crashing.

Check for updates, both Beautiful Widgets and LauncherPro have been updated recently. Also, I have had more than a couple Force Closes on the Beautiful Widgets live wallpaper when unlocking my phone.

Martian

GeoffTK

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
According to the app description:

I would uninstall that app and see if your problem goes away.

Unistalled app and you were right, it is working as it should. Thanks guys.

I really appreciate this site. The patience you have with people and the extreme helpfulness is truly commendable.

king_of_fools

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
with live wallpaper you have to make sure to put it on your ignore list for the app manager or else it will shut it down which would cause the blank background (or sometimes switching to the default water one).

K
o
f