Text message question...

lovelyxkill#AC

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
hello,
ive been lurking these fourms for about a month and have learned alot of neat things :), hopefully someone can help me with my minor annoyance.

when i txt or get a txt from a certain contact it wont show their contact info just their phone number. i have tried deleting their contact info and re-adding it but for some reason it wont show their name? i have checked for duplacates and there arent any, i also have this person on my gtalk account if that makes a diffrence. it doesnt happen with anyone else which is kind of strange.

anyone have this problem??

in exchange for a answer i will let you guys know how i fixed my lock screen from comming up when on a call...... :p

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Make them a phone contact, and then choose the contact from the list, tap the menu key, and choose Link Contact. Then link them to the other contact you have them saved under. See if that helps.

lovelyxkill#AC

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
he is already linked with gtalk and facebook. also when i call him or receive a phone call from him his contact info shows up just not with text messages. odd....

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i meant, is the number that shows up in the text app exactly the same as it is in your address book?

just looking for explanations, as i've never had that happen to me...

lovelyxkill#AC

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I didn't understand, yeah it is exactly the same number. It's only happened to his texts and he is the one I text to the most. Thank you for trying to help me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

lovelyxkill#AC

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep it is listed as a moblie number. Does it make a difference if the number has a 1 instint of the area code? Right now it does

lovelyxkill#AC

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I took the one or of the area code, deleted the txt thread I had open with him and texted him again and his contact name showed up until I exited the thread and the messages list still shows the number and no name, went back into the thread and contact info disappeared. So something happens when I send the message im thinking.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I tinkering I had this same problem. The notification bar usually displays the contact's name. But mine was displaying their ten digit phone number. I just restarted the phone and it hasn't done it since.

lovelyxkill#AC

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmm never thought of that. Waiting for him to txt me back to see what the notifacation bar says. I will let you know. Ive rebooted my phone (bb habits die hard) and nothing has changed.

lovelyxkill#AC

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok so he just sent me a txt, and on the notifacation bar it shows up with his name. Still not in my messages though :(

This went from slightly annoying to now I just need to figure it out cause its going to drive me crazy now lol