Pandora wont work in Chevy Mailbu

Fairbanks

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I was exicted when my gf got a 2011 Chevy Mailbu that had bluetooth and aux usb port, because we would be able to use Pandora, and Ipods in the car. First thing i tried was connecting the phone to the bluetooth, got it connected, verified it by making a call and receiving a call. Turned on Pandora, and got nothing, hit the AUX button on the radio, and nothing changed. Then I figured the car wouldn't receive bluetooth music. Then grabbed my factory shipped usb charging cord, plugged that into the USB port, and the car automatically detected the phone. A few seconds later while pandora was playing on the phone, the radio displayed "does not recognize device"

Whats the deal?

Fairbanks

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Not gonna happen, just leased this thing. The Taurus wasn't priced close enough to the malibu, SYNC brought the price into a higher range. The Malibu was what she could afford.

Sublym1

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
It works with an audio jack input. I got Pandora running in my '05 Town & Country. Too bad the Fascinate doesn't have a video out though. I just gotta stick to the iTouch to play movies in the van for the kids. Better than having to change out the DVDs all the time.

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
pretty sure the fascinate can output video through the headset jack (at least from a HW standpoint). but I digress...

A USB connection on a radio basically allows you to connect flash drives (and ipods, which it reads as a flash drive) and play the files on the stereo. It doesn't allow for streaming audio. The phone should get the capability for audio out via the USB port which the verizon car dock will split to a 3.5mm stereo jack. You may be correct that the BT doesn't have the capapbility for stereo transmission either.

ramblerd

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
In your blue tooth menu on the car, is there an A2DP option? I know in my Valor stereo/blue tooth unit, when connected via BT, I had to click A2DP to actually play the music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress