etiquette mode, and text ??

revobreaker

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Have had the fascinate for a few months now and lovin it, (and this website;))

I used to have an Omnia (win mobile sux:mad:)
...anyway the one feature that it had, I liked was the "etiquette mode" where you could lay the phone face down and it would silence the ringer (vibrate), for all incoming notifications.

Does anyone know if there is an app out there, or some way of doing that with this phone?

Also,
Sometimes people like to send me a book through text. Its so annoying to get 5 text in a row. Is this a function of the carrier/phone/os? Is there any way to only get one notification, even if the message is still broken up? Ideally Id like to only get one msg but I can deal with it

Thanks

revobreaker

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Im not gonna argue that Verizon could be doing something wacky with SMS, but Im almost positive that my sister (with a Verizon phone) does not get the messages broken up like I do, will test later....

At lease I dont get an extra message at the end of it saying that it was broken up, like the Omnia used to

revobreaker

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Her phone is "special" I guess. She normally gets one message,

She sent me a message that was "3 pages long" according to her, and I got 3 messages, plus one that says

"Preceding msg modified, Media objects were removed"

And she got one kicked back to her that said

"Message delivered to (my number) as plain text Destination does not support enhanced messaging service"

Shes using the Voyager VX1000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38