Bluetooth pairs but won't connect

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
My SF pairs & connects with my Kenwood head unit fine. But every time I start the car, I have to do:

Settings>Wireless & Networks>Bluetooth Settings>long press the device name>Options

Now, It shows that I'm connected for media, but not the phone. I can't figure out how to have the phone automatically connect each time I start the car.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

rapideyemovement

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
looking for the answer as well. Sometimes with my kenwood, media doesn't even connect.

Its sooooo annoying, I wish it would fully connect every time automatically.

geocomp

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I ave a Kenwood as well and at first my phone would not connect. But after about a two weeks it seems to connect everytime I get in the truck. One thing I noted was that I need to have Bluetooth on before I start the truck. If I turn Bluetooth on after the truck is already running the phone won't connect until I go into settings and tell it to.

Leonard1818

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
First post,

Same issue for me. Except my HU is a Clarion. My old "Dumbphone" (LG Voyager) had no problem auto-connecting EVERY TIME I STARTED THE CAR. My new "not-so-smart-phone" is having trouble. I'm going to try leaving BT turned on all the time and see if it will pick it up when I start the car... It better start working or I'm going to be pretty mad!

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try leaving BT turned on all the time and see if it will pick it up when I start the car... It better start working or I'm going to be pretty mad!

Welcome to the forums!

The unfortunate part is that I do leave bluetooth on all the time. It still behaves that way. Very frustrating. The bluetooth is one feature I use all the time because I'm always in the car. Even when I stop for a few minutes, then restart the car, I have to manually reconnect the BT.

I just may be going to VZW tonight to return the SF.

Leonard1818

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

The unfortunate part is that I do leave bluetooth on all the time. It still behaves that way. Very frustrating. The bluetooth is one feature I use all the time because I'm always in the car. Even when I stop for a few minutes, then restart the car, I have to manually reconnect the BT.

I just may be going to VZW tonight to return the SF.

Thanks! I did some more digging and found this thread:

What is the best car head unit for use with the SGS i9000? - xda-developers

AllGamer claims to have the same HU as me (Clarion CZ509) and has a SGS i9000m and he/she can get EVERYTHING to work. Stream audio/BT/phonebook etc. I'm going to join that forum too and see if I can PM that particular person and inquire.

How much different is the SGS i9000m vs my fascinate?

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
got similar issue - bluetooth doesn't auto-connect to my car device (Motorola T505).

To use my T505, i have to:
1. turn on T505
2. Go to Bluetooth settings on FASN8
3. Select 'Turn on Bluetooth' (i leave BT off when not using for battery saving).
4. After turning BT on, FASN8 will "see" the T505 and state on BT Settings screen that it is "paired but not connected". I must select that on the screen in order for it to connect. AARGH.

I'm hoping I can set up something via Tasker to automate this, and I will post here if I get it to work.

I've at least got a shortcut to the BT Settings but jeez, there's got to be a better way. I ultimately would like to just turn the BT on and it finds AND connects to the device (like the old BB Storm did - one thing it did well anyway).

Ideas?