Back to factory

habanerosky

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to try the unroot method in case I ever had a reason to (i.e. dealing with verizon warantee) I did test it using the root required app method (thanks for that, I feel stupid not thinking of that myself) and yes, it is de-rooted!:cool:

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Unless they updated it, I thought that system restore still contained the SU and Busybox binaries and the SuperUser apk. They always seemed to remain after I restored with it at least.

You can make sure by using ADB to connect to your phone (adb shell), then just check the system/xbin directory for su and busybox, check system/app for SuperUser.apk, and check /data/data for com.noshufou.android.su (this is the settings folder for SuperUser.apk.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to try the unroot method in case I ever had a reason to (i.e. dealing with verizon warantee) I did test it using the root required app method (thanks for that, I feel stupid not thinking of that myself) and yes, it is de-rooted!:cool:

Glad to help :)

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Unless they updated it, I thought that system restore still contained the SU and Busybox binaries and the SuperUser apk. They always seemed to remain after I restored with it at least.

Doing a hard reset, or even a full data wipe from the recovery menu or CWM, will still leave them installed because they are major system files once you put them there. Either methods only remove your personal data (apps, settings, etc) but will not restore items you've removed while rooted. The only way to fully go back to stock, as in have a phone in the state it's in right out of the box, is to flash a stock image in Odin like in the link in the OP.