Waiting, not so patiently...

Nannyonthego

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
...for my Fascinate to arrive!

It should be here soon and I'm really excited. Verizon gave me an early upgrade because I am so frustrated with my Storm. I haven't been able to play with one yet, (I live about 2 hours away from the nearest Verizon store) but the rep told me it was a great phone and I'm over BB. I've been reading these boards all morning and finding some great info. If there is anything else that you guys think a new Android user should know feel free to tell me!

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to this forum, and to Android! You'll love this phone; it looks great, it's the perfect size (IMO), and has one of the best screens you'll see. I held off on getting the Droid X because I was waiting for the Fascinate. The first time I played with it in the store I knew it was what I wanted.

As far as Android goes, enjoy the speed of the OS on this phone. Also check out the Market/applications.

The phone is awesome; I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm sure you'll love the Fascinate, I have one myself and it's the best phone I've ever owned. Be sure to continue reading through the forums here, there is TONS of great information regarding Android and the Fascinate.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Love mine as well. I will say that if you get comfortable enough I would definitely root it and install another rom. It isn't horrible the way it comes stock, but it's much better without all the samsung/VZW junk installed. Of course Bing has to go too.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
...for my Fascinate to arrive!

It should be here soon and I'm really excited. Verizon gave me an early upgrade because I am so frustrated with my Storm. I haven't been able to play with one yet, (I live about 2 hours away from the nearest Verizon store) but the rep told me it was a great phone and I'm over BB. I've been reading these boards all morning and finding some great info. If there is anything else that you guys think a new Android user should know feel free to tell me!

Congrats on the new phone, i own the DX and Fascinate, and i love my fascinate over the DX , i hope you love it aswell. Don't hesitate to ask for help. And welcome to the community. :)

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome. I made the move from a Storm one which I loved I just got tired of BB bull crap with the lack of updates and a remake of the Storm 2 into a Storm 3. Anyways, learn the phone first before doing anything. if you do "root" the phone your warranty is gone. I still can't understand what the big deal over the "bing" search engine. The phoen is really cool. At some point we will get 2.2 upgrade. Another item I don't understand. 2.1 works fine. Good luck JT

matzerby

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Have fun with the phone, I bought mine on Black Friday at Best Buy and I can't say enough about it. I heard horror stories of how hard Android was to use but this phone is pretty easy to use. I love the built in Task Manager, use it, it can be your best friend. I have not really read up on the Rooting, but I enjoy the phone the way it is. I also came from another phone, i had a BB once and just got rid of a Palm Pre Plus. The phone is amazing, I have never been so happy with a phone. Have fun with it.

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i came from a storm 1 myself. worst phone ever. i have the fascinate now, and i can actually make all but the most brainwashed apple fanboys admit that yes, the apple is no longer king of the hill.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Although I think the widgets are pretty lackluster I am not hating TouchWiz. The Task manager and the radio controls in the notification pull-down is all great stuff. I'm just not a huge fan of the COLORFUL icons - wouldn't mind replacing the icons (must look into that)

The screen is mind-bottling.

I would recommend installing the AppBrain application and heading over there to try and find you applications. I find it a much better way of choosing and managing your applications than the stock market (at least the 2.1 market).

AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games

* 1st order of business would be installing Angry Birds Seasons since you are already 7 days behind!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa