Announcing the i500.EA28 OTA Update (not Froyo) Rolling Out Now!
A non Froyo update is on its way (If you want to give the leaked version of Froyo, you can find that here.)
Verizon Wireless is about to push to push the OTA shortly. Not that most of these features are from DL09. That said, below is a summary of the EA28 features (I think the bullet before the last is the main one):
- Updated versions of preloaded applications, including V CASt videos, City ID, VZ Navigator, and Amazon Kindle.
- Ability to change the reminder time and alert tone for calendar events
- Improved the update consistency of the feed and widgets.
- Music now pauses if you unplug your wired headset or turn off your Bluetooth headset.
- Improved stand-alone GPS performance.
- Increased security by hiding your 3G Mobile Hotspot password while typing.
- Ability to open any PDF attachments sent in an email.
- Ability to use special characters in corporate email passwords.
- Enhanced backlight display for the bottom four buttons on the device to now follow the device display timer setting.
- Widgets now refresh based on the defined refresh time interval.
- Make instantaneous emergency calls from locked device in time of need.
- If already in a locked state, the device will now remain locked when placed in desk dock or car dock.
If it were me, I would just skip this and go directly to Froyo, but I'm geeky like that.
Sound off here!
- 02-03-2011, 10:48 AM #2
- 02-03-2011, 10:49 AM #3
- 02-03-2011, 10:59 AM #4
- 02-03-2011, 11:09 AM #5
- 02-03-2011, 11:22 AM #6
- 02-03-2011, 11:24 AM #7
- 02-03-2011, 11:31 AM #8
- 02-03-2011, 11:41 AM #9
- 02-03-2011, 12:04 PM #10
The most interesting thing to me is that they say the update includes ALL of the things in DL09. Which means there's might be some additional updates to the apps that were in DL09 - and possibly other changes as well - and since announcements typically leave out other stuff, that's a real possibility. So, if you're not ready to jump to jump to an unofficial Froyo, you actually should care regardless of the version you're at.
The way it would normally work is they would release a single feature in the latest update, and if you were on DL09 already then they would *only* update that single feature. If you are on DI01, they would upgrade you DL09 first and then EA28.
- 02-03-2011, 12:36 PM #12
- 62 Posts
- Almost stock
ok. I have a question. If we decide to stay with DL30 and not go back to DL09 to get the OTA update. When verizon does release the official Froyo ota would we still be able to flash back to DL09 and then, update to froyo? Or would the official froyo OTA reqiure us to be on EA28 for the OTA? I might just flash back to DL09 get the update ota EA28 just so I can make a back up and have something to flash, just so I get official Froyo OTA. Or is that a complete waste of time and not necessary?
- 02-03-2011, 12:46 PM #13
- 02-03-2011, 01:36 PM #14
- 02-03-2011, 01:37 PM #15
Myself, I like official OTA's so I will probably do what you said, as it is the mostly likely path to getting there:
1) Flash DL09 or DI01
2) OTA EA28 (should be automatic/or via check for updates in settings)
3) OTA Froyo (should also be automatic/or via check for updates in settings)
- 02-03-2011, 02:20 PM #17
- 02-03-2011, 02:24 PM #18
- 02-03-2011, 02:49 PM #20
- 62 Posts
- Almost stock
Thanks Cory, I the exact same way. I like the official stuff to. I am positive the devs Adrenalyne espesially will pkg some great stuff from the official froyo release and I wouldnt be surprised to see it packaged up for ODIN. With that said, I like to tinker. IE, take the official froyo and pull out the apps I dont want and keep the ones I do. I am also a TW fan, I know I'm in the minority but its a matter of prefrence. Nothing more Nothing less. With that said a big shout out to punk kaos for DL30 and to adrenalyne and droidxcon for their willingness to help out all of us Noobs.
- 02-03-2011, 03:09 PM #21
- 02-03-2011, 03:19 PM #22
- 02-03-2011, 03:20 PM #23
- 02-03-2011, 03:21 PM #24
- 02-03-2011, 03:40 PM #25