sms/handcent issue 2.2 OTA

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
ok, so the update to Froyo! went great, minor things I had to put back on my home screen and all. but one thing that is bothering me.

I have handcent sms, and prior to 2.2 i could tell the phone to always use handcent instead of the oem sms, but now the little default window doesn't come up, so now I have to pull up both oem, and handcent to get rid of the notifications.

i'm on a stock 2.2, never rooted fascinate.

thanks for any help.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just open the stock messaging app, press the menu button, choose settings, and deselect notifications for it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
ok, that works well for not dupicating the notifications, but what about the counter that shows up on the OEM sms. even though i turned off the notifications it still shows up number wise and then i have to go into the OEM sms to get it removed.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you're rooted, using a root file explorer, go to /system/app and move mms.apk to a "junk" folder on your sd card. That will remove the stock messaging app completely. Copy/paste back if you need it again.

xwera43

Dec 20, 2009
www.myspace.com
Look in Settings/Applications select the All tab then locate the Messenger app and Clear app data. That's how it would be done on my Incredible, should be similar for you. After that the option window to choose your default app should pop-up the next time you run Handcent.

X

Sent via Tapatalk, from my brain to my fingers.

FireMedic559

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Doing same thing on my wifes Fascinate using Gosoms Pro. Have tried clearing caches from both apps and even deleted and re installed Gosms pro. Help very annoying and now its my fault that her phone isnt acting the way she wants it to.